Post Double Din pics.. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Post Double Din pics..

IMAG0135.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll never not have a touchscreen again lol

Touchscreen are not that usefull in a moving car. I preference actuall buttons.

I'm actually in between.
I love touchscreens in cars, but I can't stand the touchscreens that don't have side buttons and a volume knob.
It has to have a volume knob, I hate the volume buttons, I think they're stupid.. I could live with them though.
And most touchscreens have large buttons for you to press now, so it's no big deal.

I have side buttons also. I mainly use my remote except for going through folders

That's precisely why I got the Kw-av 60 rather then the 70. It has an actual valume knob :)

That's precisely why I got the Kw-av 60 rather then the 70. It has an actual valume knob :)

Exactly. I hate the new Pioneer units for not using a knob when there's more than enough space to put a knob.

Same reason I got the Sony XAV601-BT. It has a Volume knob, and a couple of other buttons that I cant think of off hand.

Same reason I got the Sony XAV601-BT. It has a Volume knob, and a couple of other buttons that I cant think of off hand.

I do you like the Sony headunits? How's the system.
I've seen lots of these on sale lately, but no one really buys them, they jump at Pioneer and Kenwood.
How do you like it?

I love the unit that I have in my Truck. I got it because it was in the middle price range and to get an equivalent Alpine or other top shelf unit was several hundred more $$$. The unit is easy to use which makes it great in a car for a touch screen, all the icons are pretty large. It has front and rear USB as well as a hand full more RCA in and outputs. Will take a backup camera if you have one and will also let you split source. Basically you can have a DVD playing in the unit and output the image to headrest monitors or what ever for the kids in the back, the sound will play only through the rear speakers and still listen to the radio or even I pod through the front speakers (thats how I'm lead to believe that it works anyways). I have a had a few other Sony units in the past never had an issue with any of them.

How's the Nav?

Doesn't have Nav. What it does have is a thing called MirrorLink which, if you have an Android device allows the unit via a USB cable to mimic the phone display. It only works with certain apps but like eveything, there is a hacked version out there that allows you to use everything.

Kenwood DDX371 w/reverse camera

Can we still post pics in this thread. :D

CAM00700.jpg

CAM00701a.jpg

CAM00702.jpg

Can we still post pics in this thread. :D

Of course, and it's awesome that you posted these.
I was thinking about getting the DDX470. :D

Which one is that? And how do you like it?

It's the DDX371. I like it. I prefer a simpler EQ (base and treble). It seems like I'm always fiddling with the settings, maybe it's the CD I'm listening too.

I haven't gotten any sound out of my iPod yet. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it though.

It really woke up the factory sub. I will probably have to replace it soon. :D

The reverse camera is pretty sweet. It took FOREVER to install. The whole time I was thinking, this isn't going to be worth it, but it totally was.

Unless I find something different, I will probably put this same setup in my wife's car.

One tip on back up camera. It is common practice to power it by the reverce lights. If you run a power wire from your deck's remote amp out put you can use it while not in reverce. Driving for instance. Well worth running one wire.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's the DDX371. I like it. I prefer a simpler EQ (base and treble). It seems like I'm always fiddling with the settings, maybe it's the CD I'm listening too.

I haven't gotten any sound out of my iPod yet. Haven't had a lot of time to play with it though.

It really woke up the factory sub. I will probably have to replace it soon. :D

The reverse camera is pretty sweet. It took FOREVER to install. The whole time I was thinking, this isn't going to be worth it, but it totally was.

Unless I find something different, I will probably put this same setup in my wife's car.

How much was it? I find that the DDX line of Kenwood's actually has a ton of features, you just have to play around with it a lot.
Also, what camera did you use? Cheap eBay one? Mounted on body or license plate?

One tip on back up camera. It is common practice to power it by the reverce lights. If you run a power wire from your deck's remote amp out put you can use it while not in reverce. Driving for instance. Well worth running one wire.

That's clever, but a wire has to be run back to the head unit anyway for video and for reverse sensor. Since it's easiest to tap into the reverse sensor at the reverse light on Second Gens.

Back