Find your key pad number - 2002 - 2004 - its easy! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Find your key pad number - 2002 - 2004 - its easy!

Curtis

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Orlando, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 XLT 4x4
After researching here I found out that the code to the door is on the key pad module located in the piller behind the rear passenger door.

Well today I got some time so thought Id try it.

Step 1 - fold the rear passesnger seat
Step 2 - pull the rubber seal out (rear upper section only)
Step 3 - The upper panel where the seat belt adjuster is can be easily pried out, you'll see the clips after you remove the rubber weather stripping
Step 4 - There is a clip on the lower part of this panel that can be easily popped out
Step 5 - Now you can pry easily on the lower panel, you'll see the module when you look down inside after prying open the upper panel.
Step 6 - I used a small mirror, and found a 5 digit number on the black module box. The white sticker has black text and is is facing the drivers side so without a mirror you'd really need to get the lower panel loosened to pry it out more.

It was easy - 5 mins tops.
Step 7 snap everything back together - no tools required - except the mirror.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What about on the 2002 Explorer Sport (2-door version)?

i found this code for my dads 2004 explorer, and 2 days ago i purchased a fully loaded v8 awd mountaineer, and the location of the code isnt in the same spot

i found this code for my dads 2004 explorer, and 2 days ago i purchased a fully loaded v8 awd mountaineer, and the location of the code isnt in the same spot

Do you mean that the code is not on the security module or the module is not behind the trim panel on the RH C-pillar?

The security module on a 02 mounty is in the same spot but maybe they changed it by 04.

Just reread xartic's post and he never IDs what year Mounty he's talking about. I'll bet it's a newer one.

yeah my mounty is an 02, and i did find the code, it was on that computer thing, but the print on it was really small, compared to my fathers 04 which was largely printed

i just did it on my 02 mounty. it was there. finally i was able to set it to what i wanted. i never new the factory code. thanks

Sport (2dr) owners use the '95 - '01 forum.

^^^^^Or you can just use the search button and look here.....^^^^^

I did the samething on my '97.
Rear driver's side.

found mine on the rear passenger door pillar 2002 mountaineer thank you..

These instructions were exactly right for finding the master keypad code on my 2002 Explorer EB that I recently purchased. I found the 5 digit code and it works. Thanks so much. I am glad I found your instructions before looking in all the other spots that would've been a big waste of time.

Thank you so much!!! You saved me 25 bucks and a trip to the local Ford shop.
2002 Eddie bauer... Passenger side, rear door

where to find factory set code for 2002 ford explorer 4 door.
please email the answer asap parkay46@gmail. Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i made a thread with pics for this already

Back