• Register Today It's free!

Interior Lights

mr.explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Clearwater, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 Eddie Bauer
I recently had to replace a bulb in my 06 eddie bauer. It was where the 3 dials are for the fax speed, temp and location. where is says Max AC/ it looks almost like that isn't lighting up as green as the others. Looks like there is shadow. Has anyone ever experienced this? I don't want to have to pull the entire dash apart again to see if i can fix it. Does anyone have a recommendation?
also if i wanted to change the color from gree to something else, i am assuming i just have to change that green piece of film covering the dials?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've had the same issue with my lighting in that area only on my fan speed control dial. The issue is the bulb itself. There are two metal tabs that make connection with the power source. What happens is the tabs can get bent in to a point where they don't make good contact and either dims out or doesn't light up at all. It's an easy fix thankfully, pull off your radio bezel and disconnect all the pigtails so you can work on it. From there you should be able to see the back of the bulbs and holes they fit into. You can either take the bulb out and bend the connectors slightly outward to make a better connection or replace the bulb again. Hope this helps!

fax speed, temp and location.

This made my morning. :D

To change the color, you can change the film, or try to put in LED bulbs of a different color.

On my 2009 Explorer some of my interior lights are ,dim, or out completely. The ones that are out completely are side view mirror control, on drivers door the window lock, on steering wheel resume "RES" the speed control, headlight control (round dial), the power/volume on radio. The ones noticeably dim are station presets 3,4,5 on radio. It seems like a current or connection issue to a bulb problem. When I took it in to the shop they said it was bulbs.

Back