Parting Out 2000 Explorer XLS | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Parting Out 2000 Explorer XLS

If all goes well I'll be picking this truck up on Sunday. I'm throwing this out there to see what kind of interest there might be in this truck before it goes to the junkyard. I will be pulling the tranny, the OHV engine will be up for grabs but with the exception of some minor body damage the rest of the truck is intact. If the deal goes through I'll update the post and maybe put up some pics. Thanks

EDIT:

O.K. so I've got the truck and the part out is on! Now for a little general info. The grill, bumpers, headlights, hood, and tailgate are all damaged. Other than that the truck is pretty clean. It has the nerf style running boards and they're in good shape, just a very little surface rust nothing bad. All of the trim is in good shape as is the interior(medium prairie tan cloth). Its got the console with the little bag under the arm rest, but one of the screw mounts for the arm rest is broken however the cover of the arm rest is in good shape. Any questions just ask.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey man, whats up! Haven't talked to you for a while, how's everything going? Yeah I'm surprised too. It's got that weird console with that little bag under the flip up arm rest. Figured someone would need it. No, sorry. Regular 15" chrome steelies.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

I've been working on the 3rd gen a lot since the mountaineer is gone. It's got a lot done to it now and it'll have a lot more by the end of the winter! I might actually be looking for a 15 steely for the offroad trailer I want to build. Plan is to go with a 5x4.5 lug pattern.

what gear ratio are the axles? id be interested in the front diff

The axles are3.73's. I also have a front diff with 3.55's.

Figures i need 4:10's! how much do you want for one anyways?

Ah 4.10's. Yeah that's why I have the 3.55 diff. It came out of my truck when I swapped to 4.10's. I'd take $100 for the 3.55(it's already out, I'd have to pull the other.)

ok im gonna probably do a rebuild anyways. let me look into prices and ill get back to you. What part of jersey do you live in? i might pick it up

South Jersey, about 45 mins from the Delaware Mem. Br. or the Walt Whitman.

Bump. Still have a lot of parts available. D35 IFS front diff w/4.10 gears, 4 good tires 235/75-15 with good tread(fairly new) on stock chrome steelies, all glass and even an extra rear hatch window with good working defroster grid! As soon as the weather warms up here in Jersey I'll be pulling what I need and it's off to the junk yard. Get your parts before it's gone!

Do you still have the lift struts/pistons for the rear glass, hatch and hood? If you do how much. Ship to NJ 07712.

Yes to all but the hood supports. They are no good. The rear glass and lift gate supports are good. I'll check on shipping once I measure them tomorrow. Probably shouldn't be much for shipping.

Yes to all but the hood supports. They are no good. The rear glass and lift gate supports are good. I'll check on shipping once I measure them tomorrow. Probably shouldn't be much for shipping.

Cool, need them for glass on the '98 and gate for the '00. Hoods would have just been spares. PM me tomorrow with your info and $. Thanks.

Looking for the steering cruise control switches on both sides. Thanks.

Sorry, no go on the cruise switches. Already gone.

Cool, need them for glass on the '98 and gate for the '00. Hoods would have just been spares. PM me tomorrow with your info and $. Thanks.

PM sent.

Do you have the instrument cluster or at least the clear plastic/black molding that goes over it?

4B5-427DB95B825B-8910-0000037458665176_zps6a6bf714.jpg

Yes I do. Do you want the whole IC or just the cover/bezel?

Thanks! I'll get them out Monday morning. :thumbsup:

Back