Battery post fuse box - Cool new gadget | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Battery post fuse box - Cool new gadget

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That would definitely make adding lights and charging ports and whatnot much easier. Pretty cool.

Interesting, depending on the vehicle it's going on.

Nice gadget, I would have used that for all of my AUX lighting if I had known about it.

Been curious on how some people have their setups for all the lights and cb and audio equipment under the hood and wiring it all together.

Steeda, I can't remember what I did for the CB, but for AUX lighting, from the + battery terminal I wired a ring terminal with an inline fuse holder to my add-on relays which I fender mounted near the battery. I pierced the hood release cable grommet at the firewall to get my switch wires into the cab. Switches I mounted to the front removable portion of the center console, and sourced the necessary grounds for switch illumination from the metal chassis behind there. The relays I grounded them to the fender.

Back