SMORR 2012 Photos & Trip Reports | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR 2012 Photos & Trip Reports

Maniak
That Pumpkin looked so much different with all that green around..
Lets see...1) Green pastures 2) A Supermoon 3) An Orange explorer

Good grief Charlie Brown, It's the Great Pumpkin!

Good to see alot of the guys I know and I met new people.
It was fun. Thanks. Char next time?

I was glad to see you both show up. I was worried there for a long time, you guys would miss out. Great to see you again! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great pics but umm.. isn't a 4lo drag race winner supposed to be the one who took the longest to get to the end? After all, these are wheelers :)

I was actually thinking the same thing. I had no idea what was in store. In any event it was FUN!! I made my best run starting in 4th gear and shifting to 5th. Even with doing that the engine was taching out before the finish line.

Hmm. I coulda Swore I had ya Benji, but according to this video you won the drag race!

Pm your address to me please so I can send you your trophy. :D

I'm not so sure if I should be the wiener. This is only because I definitely out ran Jesse TWO times, sorry Jesse. He would have definitely would have out ran the Pumpkin. Jon and I were running, AWD vs. 4hi, anyway.

I know that when Jon and I raced, when we passed the last cone, he was half of a fender in front of me. With that said, if the trophy goes to the FIRST PLACE LOSER, I would display it proudly on my wall.

I'm not so sure if I should be the wiener. This is only because I definitely out ran Jesse TWO times, sorry Jesse. He would have definitely would have out ran the Pumpkin. Jon and I were running, AWD vs. 4hi, anyway.

I know that when Jon and I raced, when we passed the last cone, he was half of a fender in front of me. With that said, if the trophy goes to the FIRST PLACE LOSER, I would display it proudly on my wall.

Maybe Rick should be the winner since he was actually running in 4-low, not sure that anyone else was doing that?

Jesse & I were running 4lo when we ran, knowing Jon was AWD made me switch back to 4hi for competitiveness.

Maybe Rick should be the winner since he was actually running in 4-low, not sure that anyone else was doing that?

Pugly was in 4-Low, both races against Rick & the race against Jon. ;)

Pugly 2 vs Rick 0
Pugly 0 vs Jon 1

I didn't know Benji ran it in 4-hi against Jon, but a race is a race, and they would know best who won as the only person that could see the winner besides them, was at the finish line judging the outcome. In the video it shows the right lane being the favor according to the line judge.

We discussed this at the time the award was handed out. Benji conceded to Jon when he was declared the winner.

This is up to them, not any of us. ;)

Made it back home at 8:45 started driving at 5am.:chug:

I'll work on getting more videos up tonight.

i wish i could have afforded the trip, that woulda been an awsome testing ground for my explorer :) maybe next year?

Great pics and videos guys!! If you would post some up on our Facebook Fan page please that would be great...so all can enjoy!! www.facebook.com/pages/SMORR/

Greg thanks for lining up the event!! Its growing each year for sure! Also was very happy that Ken called me wanting to do a story on your group....I set him up with greg and the rest is history.

Thanks you all for coming to my playground and i hope to see more of you guys out for your next run here. The Ranch is only 6 yrs old so just like wine things are getting better and better with time!

It was great meeting you all.....and lots of fun watching yall play my 4x4 games!!....till next time! :chug:

Brandon
SMORR
www.smorr.net
jacksfork@smorr.net

Here are a few of my videos, the rest are of the barrel racing and since Jon already put similar versions of them up I won't post them here but you can find them by looking at my videos on youtube.

Here is Chad showing off some of the benefits of a long wheelbase, crawling right up that ledge after Brad tried and tried and couldn't make it.

The hill Chad climbed right before the obstacle in the previous video and where steve 2 broke his rear driveshaft.

Steve 2 breaking said Driveshaft

Here is Rick on that same hill

And here is Brad on the same hill

That's all of the video that I shot. I will upload more still images later.

After seeing all the pic's and videos I'm even sadder we missed this meet. I'm going to shoot for the Halloween meet. Glad all had a good time and everyone made it home safe!!

Halloween meet???? I bet my son will want to skip walking around and come back down again.

Halloween meet???? I bet my son will want to skip walking around and come back down again.

Yeah I don't think anything has officially been setup yet but we have gone there on halloween weekend the last 3 or 4 years. Halloween falls on Wednesday this year so your son won't miss walking around to get candy.

Great pics and videos guys!! If you would post some up on our Facebook Fan page please that would be great...so all can enjoy!! www.facebook.com/pages/SMORR/

Greg thanks for lining up the event!! Its growing each year for sure! Also was very happy that Ken called me wanting to do a story on your group....I set him up with greg and the rest is history.

Thanks you all for coming to my playground and i hope to see more of you guys out for your next run here. The Ranch is only 6 yrs old so just like wine things are getting better and better with time!

It was great meeting you all.....and lots of fun watching yall play my 4x4 games!!....till next time! :chug:

Brandon
SMORR
www.smorr.net
jacksfork@smorr.net

Thank you sir for keeping the park open for us to enjoy it. :thumbsup:

We had a great time there, and the ones that showed up and participated in all that was offered have great stories to share with others, and really enjoyed it. I'm betting that the ones that didn't show are kicking themselves for it. :D

Some of us will be back for our Halloween meet this fall, and some will be back here and there sporadically thru the year, but most of us (and hopefully more) will be back next year for Ford Invasion IV!!

:salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Halloween is a good time, usually colder so bigger fires!!!!

I will be packing some spare axle shafts next time, no matter what, even if its a 60 lol

Back