charcoal gray metallic? 07 limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

charcoal gray metallic? 07 limited

01svtL

Reaction score
City, State
SATX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Sport
It's hard to tell what this color looks like in pics (if it's even the name of the color). Some pics make it look dark gray w/ a hit of metallic in it, some pics make it look greenish-brown with a hint of metallic in it. I haven't seen one in person. So what does this color look like exactly?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

maybe you are talking about DSG (dark shadow gray)

mine is mineral gray seen below

DSC00037.jpg

I dont think the ST was made in dsg. I googled the limited ST color codes, and dsg isnt one of the ones listed. I've seen dsg many times in person, and this definitely isnt it.

Can someone please post a pic of their "dark gray" 07 limited and post the color code thats listed on the sticker in the door jam?

Ford has changed the names of it's gray colors frequently over the past few years. On the 2007 Explorer, they used "Carbon Clearcoat" which is a straight charcoal gray. It looks gray in nearly all lights though I always thought it may have had a hint of green in it. The color you are describing with the greenish-brown is most likely "Dark Stone Clearcoat Metallic." This color can look dark green, an army-like green, or even appear gray depending on the light. It's a nice color.

I found the official names at this website: http://www.carsdirect.com/2007/ford/explorer/colors. It has color samples though they do not look very accurate to me. Hope this helps.

it's the same as dsg. My 150 is dsg, and i have parked next to 4th gens of the same color

Hmmm, maybe ive only seen the Dark Stone then. The one im looking at picking up definitely looks more gray than the other ones ive seen, but the pics were taken inside so i figured it was just the lighting.

post the picture of it now I'm curious

The one in the pictures looks like Dark Stone Clearcoat Metallic to me. The greenish hue of the color shows up more in the close up pictures like the ones of the doors. That's a good looking truck.

Ah, I'm going to get the color code. I'm not a big fan of green on cars. I'm hoping it's the DSG-ish color.

How's the paint on these trucks? I really like the black too, but the past few Ford's that I've had didn't have much of a clear coat, so it was much easier to put swirls in the paint. Swirled black paint bothers me to no end.

Typically I love black but I'd rather have that gray or my color gray on these trucks. You are right about the thin clear coat. The paint on my 07 is like bran new.

I paid $19,000 for my 07 V8 Limited in Feb this year but it had 65K miles on it. That is a sharp truck there.

OK, the salesman says its "T7" which appears to be "Charcoal Beige Metallic" according to the website I found. I'm guessing this is the one that has brown in it?

It certainly looks like dark stone which does have a green tint in the daylight(still pretty good looking though)...plus that is the color they list for it "Exterior Color In stock 10/01/2010 *Ask Steve E...Dark Stone "

I believe this is the Charcoal clearcoat metallic, though they have it labeled "Carbon" clearcoat metallic.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20015&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Here is another that claims to be "charcoal beige":
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...kId=20015&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

I test drove a Charcoal clearcoat 07 limited and thought it looked much better in person than it does in these pictures, ... I do not believe the "grey" or "silver" colors that followed are the same.

OK, the salesman says its "T7" which appears to be "Charcoal Beige Metallic" according to the website I found. I'm guessing this is the one that has brown in it?
you can see the paint color code in the drivers door jam, just look it up online

I've seen a fair amount charcoal grey 07+ ST's around in Georgia (recently moved) (not sure if they're 07 limited), but they look nice if you're fond of charcoal in general.
Here's a picture of my "Stone Green" 08 Limited (with the least amount of dirt I could find in any of my pictures) -
0616001734-1.jpg

Most people think it's some sort of brown.

I've seen a fair amount charcoal grey 07+ ST's around in Georgia (recently moved) (not sure if they're 07 limited), but they look nice if you're fond of charcoal in general.
Here's a picture of my "Stone Green" 08 Limited (with the least amount of dirt I could find in any of my pictures) -
0616001734-1.jpg

Most people think it's some sort of brown.

What is your paint code?

nice truck 68 like the color mine bought about 6 months ago K & N , magnaflow, every option available including GPS

IMG_3218.jpg

My code's TW - sorry for slowest response ever.

I'm pretty sure "Stone Green" and "Dark Stone" are different though. I'm guessing "Dark Stone" is the charcoal type ones I see around, which must be 2007s because there is no Stone Green in 2007s. And then my 2008 is a "Stone Green" which I showed before.

Here - found an 07 "Dark stone" searching google:
5608066_1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back