overdrive belt replacement/tightening??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

overdrive belt replacement/tightening???

I've rarely used manual 1st /2nd but when I have I've not noticed any engine breaking. I still had to use the foot brake to control speed on a steep decent so I'm going with "no"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ah, brilliant, do you by any chance have a link to the correct solenoids to replace the old ones? I need to drain and flush the atf also so I can replace the solenoids filter and fluid all in one job. I'd prefer to replace all the solenoids I can to save future repairs.

remanufactured solenoids

I don't know about the quality and reliability of remanufactured shift solenoids. But I guess if they meet the same specifications they might be acceptable. As I recall all four of the shift solenoids are identical. Only the EPC and TCC solenoids are unique. Unfortunately, I have very little hands on experience with my transmission. I have the 5R55E shop manual and have replaced a blown out separator plate gasket and broken solenoid bracket.

I wish some of the more experienced transmission members would diagnose your issues.

It would certainly help if some of them would chime in. But maybe they consider your doing a good enough job in helping.

It seems quite difficult to find parts here in the UK. especially shift solenoids.

I received my solenoids today so will be fitting soon, hopefully they will solve the issue.

The other issue I am having now is finding a replacement gasket and filter. The UK is pretty bad for parts and I can't seem to find many online. is anyone able to help with this? maybe ship me one from the states? thanks.

solved!!

changed all 4 shift solenoids and now no more CEL

Back