Touch Up Paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Touch Up Paint

Hey all, first post and new owner of a 2016 Explorer Sport in Shadow Black!

I've barely have had it a month and of course the wifey goes ahead and puts a nice scratch into the paint.

So now I need to fix this... anyone know of a good touch up paint in Shadow Black I can get for this little project?

Also I'd be grateful for any pro tips on how to apply said touch up paint.

Thanks everyone!

I've barely have had it a month and of course the wifey goes ahead and puts a nice scratch into the paint.

So now I need to fix this... anyone know of a good touch up paint in Shadow Black I can get for this little project?

Thanks everyone!

Dealership and or any given bodyshop can get ya some touch up.
You cant make it go away, the best you can do is hide it somewhat.
Just get a small paint brush from a crafts store and FILL the scratch with the touch up.

Thanks everyone!

I just bought my neighbor's 2010 Ford Escape XLT for my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks so that they have room to move. The back seat of my 2013 Buick Verno Turbo was NOT doing it for them. Anyway, there are a FEW chips on the car. Yesterday I saw an ad in Car & Driver for a company called http://www.drcolorchip.com! Watch the video! Seems like a miracle. I ordered a basic kit in the Stirling Gray Metallic for my car. Can't wait to get it. This might be a good option for you. Supposedly leaves NO globs of paint! I hope it works as advertised.:thumbsup:

Try also automotivetouchup and paintscratch. They can match the factory paint of most vehicles.

Try also automotivetouchup and paintscratch. They can match the factory paint of most vehicles.

Most cars will have paint codes with some variant shades sometimes as many as 15 or more. For a more exact match a paint card would be necessary.

Back