2007 EB "Squeaking" noise from driver side front | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2007 EB "Squeaking" noise from driver side front

jeeden

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
I know this is a long shot, but I thought I would ask. Has anyone had a "squeaking" noise come from their interior drivers side? It sounds like it's in the wheel well area, perhaps door area. It's not very loud, you need to have the radio off to really hear it. It is best compared to a piece of styrafoam in in your hand or maybe holding a balloon. It's kinda irritating and I'd like to try to find it since it is so tough for the dealers to locate subtle noises with their limited time with the car, noisy shops, etc.

It only happens when rolling and coincides with bumps in the road, etc. I thought it might be the sound foam in the drivers door jam (towards the quarter panel behind the hinges, but it is secure in there, etc.

Anyway, thought it was worth putting out there to see if anyone else has had the issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 07 explorer is doing the same exact thing in the passenger rear door. If you push on the interior door panel witht he door open you can hear it squeak. I plan on taking it to the dealer.

It is driving me crazy...

my 07 explorer is doing the same exact thing in the passenger rear door. If you push on the interior door panel witht he door open you can hear it squeak. I plan on taking it to the dealer.

It is driving me crazy...

I'll have to look at the door panel some more. I'm going on a trip this weekend and can't get it into the dealer until Saturday. I'm concerned they won't be able to replicate the problem, but I'm willing to take them for a drive. It's weird, the squeaking comes and goes. In the morning it seems pretty quiet, but then it gets worse and if you go over a rumble strip or a big bump it kind of "unleashes" it and it will squeak at the slightest vibrations.

I've gone over the whole door panel, door seals, etc and haven't been able to replicate it without the car rolling.

It's not that loud, but the truck is so quiet that it stands out.

yep, I know exactly what you are talkign about. When I push on the door panel with a good deal of force it will replicate the squeak. I just haven't had a chance to bring it in yet.

Have you fixed this problem?. i have the same problem in my new Explorer XLT 2008.

Marcos R.

Venezuela

what I did

I sprayed some silicone spray down in the plastic to see if that would fix it and save me a trip to the dealer. It turns out that it worked, it took a few days to work its way down into the door but the squeak has been gone ever since.

Good luck!

mine made a squeak/crunch when making sharp low speed turns with a bump like sharp turn up my driveway ramp. Dealer lubricated all control arm bushings and havent heard the squeak again (about 1 year)

Back