• Register Today It's free!

Pcv

vcuevas11

Reaction score
City, State
Miami
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer XLT
Hi, I am completely confused on what part to get to replace PCV valve. I know where its located but when I search online, I get all these different pics. I have an 02 4.0L SOHC Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, I am completely confused on what part to get to replace PCV valve. I know where its located but when I search online, I get all these different pics. I have an 02 4.0L SOHC Explorer.

FRAM #FV375 direct replacement for Motorcraft PCV. $2.01 @ Rock Auto.

Ok, thank you very much, where does it go in regards to the pcv valve hose, should I replace the hose too? I was thinking of taking the hose out and inspecting for kinks or breaks.

Thanks, unfortunately that's a 2000 I have an 02 v6.

The PCV valve is suppose to keep the oil from getting sucked up into the intake manifold. But even with a new one it really doesn't work that well. The suction is so strong it still pulls oil right through it. It be very well worth running that hose through some sort of oil trap oil separator or catch can. There is a good thread here somewhere on how to make your own. I made one out of a mason jar. Filled it with absorbent media.

Back