• Register Today It's free!

Tail light kill switch

midnightsun

Reaction score
City, State
Paradise
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer ST
Fuse F7 looks to control the tailgate lights but is 30amps so it must be connected to other things.
Color WH-RD

Fuse F40 is only 10amp. It controls the Rear lights and trailer.
Color TE-GN

Sooo add a dash switch...and now the trailer and rear of Truck can be turned off and on....now you can say thanks to trucks when they let you in....or out run a Smokey. :eek:

When i get my truck back i'll test them out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Fuse F7 looks to control the tailgate lights but is 30amps so it must be connected to other things.
Color WH-RD

Fuse F40 is only 10amp. It controls the Rear lights and trailer.
Color TE-GN

Sooo add a dash switch...and now the trailer and rear of Truck can be turned off and on....now you can say thanks to trucks when they let you in....or out run a Smokey. :eek:

When i get my truck back i'll test them out.
I just flash the hazard (4 ways) lights a couple of times for that purpose.;)

Peter

You flash your hazards when out running the police? You soooo krazy! :p

You flash your hazards when out running the police? You soooo krazy! :p

I always thought the sport and the pursuit were the same, but they're not. The pursuit has 305hp 3.7L, while the Sport is 365hp 3.5L. Weird that they didn't just use the ecoboost engine since the taurus uses it.
The explorer pursuit is limited to 120mph while the sport is 122mph. Bet it would really piss them off to slowly walk away, too bad you can't outrun the Motorola.

I always thought the sport and the pursuit were the same, but they're not. The pursuit has 305hp 3.7L, while the Sport is 365hp 3.5L. Weird that they didn't just use the ecoboost engine since the taurus uses it.
The explorer pursuit is limited to 120mph while the sport is 122mph. Bet it would really piss them off to slowly walk away, too bad you can't outrun the Motorola.

You said it... Or the Heli spot light!

Here I don't need a taillight kill switch, I need a really bright light pointed rear towards the driver behind me so when they pull behind me with their high beams on or eBay HID's scattering everywhere I can give them a little hint :cool:

You do know the 14 Interceptor Utility and Sedan have My Fleet Key that allows the speed limiter to be bypassed right?

Interceptors have to match the Charger and Impala top speed.

Especially the new Interceptor Utility EcoBoost for 2014.

We looked at shutting off the tail lights as part of the "darkcar" feature but NHTSA and Transport Canada wont allow it. You get your vehicle seized.

Midnight I gotta say I like your thinking here:D I mean *I'm* a law abiding citizen and all but if this works for you I likey;) I do kinda have a high speed evasion chase on my bucket list tho...

Just remember its on the cops bucket list too! LOL!

You do know the 14 Interceptor Utility and Sedan have My Fleet Key that allows the speed limiter to be bypassed right?

Interceptors have to match the Charger and Impala top speed.

Especially the new Interceptor Utility EcoBoost for 2014.

We looked at shutting off the tail lights as part of the "darkcar" feature but NHTSA and Transport Canada wont allow it. You get your vehicle seized.

I know about the speed limiter bypass, I was just going off the interceptor brochure.
So there is a Ford sold ecoboost utility interceptor? The brochure only showed the 3.7L for 2014.

Impalas are fast? Aren't Chargers speed limited? I had an SRT before, no limiter; took it up to 163mph. I wonder what the stock top speed is on the utility. I'd say 140mph or less due to wind resistance.

131 sounds right for the 3.7L utility. Doesn't sound right for the ecoboost.
Those extra 60 horses should get you at least an extra 10mph. The taurus topped out at 149 in their tests, no way wind resistance makes the ecoboost utility hit a 131 wall. I think someone messed up the data.

Just remember its on the cops bucket list too! LOL!

PITT manuver would be fun to experience just once! I have a whole route plan formulated, circumnavigate the airport where airspace is restricted, lotsa quick right turns when the choppers have to break off, a one way road or two... Hmm, I gotta wonder if Ive put too much thought into this;)...

Im game!........let me know when its "Game on"........PIT is fun for both sides, I promise you'll like.

I cant promise what happens after that will be good though...LOL!

Back