Welcome to the new Ford Escape Forum! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Welcome to the new Ford Escape Forum!

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
The little cousin to the explorer indeed, but a real nice and very popular little suv at the same time, which now has it's own place among the explorerforum family, thanks for including it!

Feel free to post anything in here escape-related you'd like, modified, stock, whatever, it's all good, just keep in mind that some questions may be answered elsewhere already (for example, if you are looking for a good set of HID headlights, this may be answered elsewhere, not just related to the escape, consider checking out the performance lighting section or using the search feature to search for "hid headlights" or something!

Escapes, be ashamed of your size no more! After all, the escape is ranked the third best vehicle on the market today for tall vehicles, and at 6' 8" myself I fit incredibly comfortably in my 2010 escape, plus plenty of room for the wife, dogs, and some extra stuff to boot.

Look forward to hearing what you've got to say about it...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I got a 2002 XLT escape for my wife in 2005 with 115,000 km 7 years after I have 267,000 km on her, last year just changed both front lower arm, and did all my coils, brake disc and rotor, etc... regular maintenance, I really love it when I have to go out on the nice stormy winter days with my 4X4 really work nice ! I have notice an oil leak on the passeger side that I really don't know where is coming from, May be is time to change all the gasket in the small V6 engine. I want to get another car for my wife and keep this one to modify for off road, Any ideas are welcome guys ! Hey Matt Adams I know is an old thread but keep the Escape alive! LOL do you still have it?

Oh yeah sure, I love it :). In fact it is just about to go out of warranty... not too big of a deal, since before this escape I dont think I'd had a vehicle that was actually under warranty for at least 10 years, LOL.

2010 Escape XLT

In the next few days, I am purchasing a 2010 dark gray Escape XLT, four-cylinder, four-wheel-drive SUV. I decided that it was time for my two Rhodesian Ridgebacks to have a little more room than the backseat of my 2013 Buick Verano turbo. I think the Escape is the perfect size for what I want. It has 85,000 miles on it but is in pristine condition.

I was looking for a Ford Escape forum exactly like this when I stumbled upon the Ford Explorer forum even though it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. Then, as I kept searching I finally saw this Escape forum. I like the set up because it is exactly the same as my GM forums.

I hope this forum will be as active as the GM ones in case I have any questions. I have never owned an SUV before AND this is only my third Ford product in many, many decades! One problem the Escape did have was the rear actuator because of poor rubber moulding. The seller has replaced the actuator and has bought some type of caulk for the rubber moulding. Not sure about that. Might have to get the moulding replaced if it still leaks.

Once I get settled, I will post pictures and maybe any questions/concerns that I have. :D

I've been around the explorer forum for quite a while now, and while I still have my 99 X Sport, I just picked up an 06 'Scape xlt awd. It's in excellent condition even though it is now a ten year old vehicle. Complements the X Sport nicely.

I've been involved with first gen explorers since I got my first one in 2001. I just recently got involved with a 2010 Mariner and I have to say, I'm very impressed with this vehicle. After I used it to pull out a loaded down F250 work vehicle that I got stuck, I gained a new respect for this little AWD 'ute.

I got it to fix and give to my sister. It has no rust, 185,000 miles on the clock and had a leaky trans cooler from the previous owner flattening a coyote.

Some new tires, new ignition switch, new trans cooler/evaporator, power train service, a good cleaning and some zip ties for the front bumper got it in shape enough to get my sister on the road. It's a great vehicle and has made me think about trying to find a Tribute about the same age. I really like the body styling of the Mazda version. It would also go well with my Navajo!

As the Explorer has beefed up over the years, the Escape kind of took it's place. It seems to have all the characteristics that I like in the older Explorers. It's small, manuverable and nimble and can carry a decent amount of stuff and it has all the comforts of a newer vehicle. Compared to my preferred mode of transport, even my '91 Explorer is a "new" vehicle.

Sorry for the long post and here is what people like to see.. pictures!

IMG_20180731_174841138_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180801_165404701.jpg

IMG_20180831_170804894_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180831_170544406.jpg

Back