Secure removable faceplate?

hlg99

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 Mounty Premier
So my project for tomorrow is to remove the stock radio and replace it with a Blaupunkt Helsinki, Received the parts and installation kit today.

My question is the radio comes with a screw to permanently attach the face plate to the radio but I have no idea how to do it and my Google-fu has failed me, any ideas on how to do it?

Usually the screw would go in just behind the trim ring, on the side of the faceplate that comes out first when it is detached, there will probably be a hole in the metal housing for access. There might also just be a threaded hole on the side.

You can always call Blaupunkt USA and ask for specific details, or if you bought the unit from somewhere online like Crutchfield, you can call their techs to see if any of them know for sure.

I haven't fixed the faceplate on any of my units and they've been fine, you really only need to do it if passengers or other drivers are the type of people who will mess with it or just detatch it for some reason and lose it. It's really just for displays in car audio shops, so the faceplate doesn't get removed and stolen

Found it! Thanks Anime.
I wanted to avoid losing a faceplate again, Both websites said it could be secured but didn't say how.

And she is in and making noise. Even taking my time only took 2 or 3 hours.

Back