Edelbrock Performer IAS Shock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Edelbrock Performer IAS Shock

91expl-sport

Reaction score
Hello I have My Edelbrock shocks for almost seven months and now I need to have the shocks replaced. I am running 255/70/r15 tires could this be the cause of them going bad?. all the driving is street/highway, no lift. althrough There being replace for free by wrenchhead.com I would know if anyone had this kind of problem...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think mine were that great to begin with, and lately (now after a year and about 3 months) they absolutley suck! Definately a big waste, I would rather have gone with Bilsteins, they have a lifetime warranty on theirs. Edelbrock only has a 30 day, but I sent in a rebate, and I couldn't send the shocks back after that. Sucks for me. But I don't know if it would have anything to do with the bigger tires, I just think its the shocks. I would see if wrenchhead would replace them with different ones.

Rock883 it looks like you may still get replacements for the one's you have on your truck. I had to charge the price for all four on my creditcard until wrenchhead gets the old shock. purchased on 1/7/00

Performer IAS® Shock Absorber Limited Lifetime Warranty
Edelbrock Corporation guarantees for a limited lifetime each new Performer IAS Shock Absorber to be free from factory defects (except for finish and shock boot) from date of purchase, provided that the product is properly installed, subjected to normal use and service and that the product is not modified or changed in any way, negligence or used for racing or competition purposes. Should a part become defective, it should be returned to the original selling dealer or shipped freight prepaid to Edelbrock Corporation. It must be accompanied with the sales receipt and a clear description of the problem.

Edelbrock Corporation reserves the right to replace or repair the defective part and return said part freight prepaid. This warranty covers the replacement or repair of the product only and does not cover the cost of removal and installation.

Damage or defects resulting from collision, improper installation, off-road use or road hazards, are not covered by this warranty. The warranty for Performer IAS Shock Absorbers extends only to the original purchaser only for the lifetime of the original vehicle in which it is installed.

I was really getting excited about this, thinking of getting brand new shocks and all, until I got to the part:"It must be accompanied with the sales receipt and a clear description of the problem." Thats when I frowned. To get the $30 rebate, you had to send the orignal receipt, so that cancels out that idea, but thanks for showing that to me, now I can go kick myself for sending that rebate form in, lol. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy some more sometime, but not right now, money's getting low from all the stuff I've been doing, and have had to do.

Hey Rock883 I did not have my orignal receipt I just called Wrenchhead.com and they looked me up on there computer. you do not need the orignal receipt.

Edelbrock States:

"it should be returned to the original selling dealer"

Do not give up!

Originally posted by rock883
I was really getting excited about this, thinking of getting brand new shocks and all, until I got to the part:"It must be accompanied with the sales receipt and a clear description of the problem." Thats when I frowned. To get the $30 rebate, you had to send the orignal receipt, so that cancels out that idea, but thanks for showing that to me, now I can go kick myself for sending that rebate form in, lol. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy some more sometime, but not right now, money's getting low from all the stuff I've been doing, and have had to do.

I would still contact Edelbrock. The IAS shocks do have a lifetime warranty, and if their company service is worth anything, they won't give you any trouble about replacing it if they can verify a problem.

Thanks for the help guys, I am going to call them up tomorrow after I get home from school. Hopefully I can get some new shocks, I feel like doing somehting to my truck, but don't want to spend the money, lol. How long will it take them to send me new ones do you know? I think I still have the stock shocks sitting in the garage, hopefully so, because I can't have the explorer sitting in the driveway forever like before when I had the problem with the starter. Thanks again for the help you guys.

Hello~

Your lifetime warranty is still good. just forward the shocks to us for replacment units, or, if you can wait, just forward a visa or mastercard # and we can send new ones right out. When you return the old ones, we will credit you.
We will need a shipping address, and a billing address if different from the shipping address.

Thank You,

Edelbrock Warranty

Well, that was the e-mail I got from them today, so I sent them my credit card info, and shipping info, and they should be sending them out to me soon. I figured I would go that route because then I don't have to put the stockers back on and have to change the shocks again when I get the new ones, this way, I can just pull one off then put the new one on, and do all four at the same time. Then just send them the old ones and get my money back from them. Thanks for your help, now I am going to be riding smooth, :).

Back