Recommendations on Component system | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommendations on Component system

mrsteve

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
Okay I want to put a better component system up front. I'm gonna move my Infinity Reference system to the rear. Yeah I know I should try to get the "front stage" but my Pionner head unit has something they call the front image ehancer. Basically it's a rear crossover. So I can have the rear speakers play at frequencies below 250, 160, or 100. So if I have people in the rear seats they can get great sound too but when I wanna have ultimate SQ I'll set the head unit up so the crossover is turned on. I'm open to all suggestions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the Eclipse 8052 5in mid 1in tweeter for my front speakers and I think they sound great, but they were costly. How much are you looking to spend?

Im using kicker resolution and MB quart seperates. very loud and clear, handles very high power they are very durable and ive been using them for a very long time so i didnt mind spending the few extra duckets

Thanks for the replies. I am considering spending a maximum of $250. I'd be putting around 50-60 watts to each channel.

$250? ok then forget the resolutions or the quarts, inless you live close to canal st. hehe, ummmm, take a look at Polk DB series.

I was considering the soundstream exact series. Any experience with soundstream. I know they make bad ass amplifiers but how about their speakers?

2 companents that i find are pretty good are MB Quarts or Rockfrod fanatic x's.

What's the high end Fosgate components? Fanatic X or Q? What's the difference between the two. When I think of RF I think amps and subs but are they're separates any good?

Steve

Back