2004: Keyless Entry Code

Town Car

Reaction score
City, State
Lancaster, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac XLT
HI guys.

One of the things I needed to do with the new XLT was find the Keyless Entry Code. With the help of 'search' on this and some other places I was able to retrieve the code in about 5 minutes. Could have been faster but I was a bit leery prying on the new XLT :)

Basically it's like this:
  • Pop off the Front Windshield Defroster Vent Cover.
  • From the outside of the XLT look through the windshield at the Keyless Entry Module.
  • The Factory Permanent Code is printed on a sticker, on the top of the module.

Pry up one end of the Defroster Vent Cover. Spring fasteners hold down the side towards you, interlocking tabs hold down the side towards the windshield. With your fingers under the front side, pop each fastener up, all the way across the cab. You may find the center fastener a *****, so work from both ends.

From the outside looking in you will see the Keyless Entry Module under the Dashboard Panel. The 'engine' side of the Module has a large wire harness connected.

Because the Keyless Module is located under the Dashboard, you will have to look at the top of the module at an angle, maybe even enlist the use of a flashlight.

The five digit number is printed on the top of the module. Other stuff is printed on the labels as well, but the Code Number is the largest font there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HI guys.

One of the things I needed to do with the new XLT was find the Keyless Entry Code. With the help of 'search' on this and some other places I was able to retrieve the code in about 5 minutes. Could have been faster but I was a bit leery prying on the new XLT :)

• From the outside of the XLT look through the windshield at the Keyless Entry Moidule.

Pry up one end of the Defroster Vent Cover. Spring fasteners hold down the side towards you, interlocking tabs hold down the side towards the windshield. With your fingers under the front side, pop each fastener up, all the way across the cab. You may find the center fastener a *****, so work from both ends.

From the outside looking in you will see the Keyless Entry Module under the Dashboard Panel. The 'engine' side of the Module has a large wire harness connected.

Because the Keyless Module is located under the Dashboard, you will have to look at the top of the module at an angle, maybe even enlist the use of a flashlight.

The five digit number is printed on the top of the module. Other stuff is printed on the labels as well, but the Code Number is the largest font there.

I Looked at mine and the largest print is only a 4 Digit number (this works for a 04 XLT Explorer also, right? The 4 digits didnt not work 0 3 4 0

I Looked at mine and the largest print is only a 4 Digit number (this works for a 04 XLT Explorer also, right? The 4 digits didnt not work 0 3 4 0

Hi Light ShowMaster ...

The code is always five numbers; and yes the truck pictured is the Explorer Sport Trac XLT.

I've seen smaller numbers printed, and even stamped on these modules as well.
My Town Car has paint style numbers.

2002-2003 Explorer Sport Keyless Entry Code Location

For anyone wanting to know, the 2002 and 2003 Explorer Sport Keyless entry location is the exact same as the Sport Trac. I tore my 2002 ExSpo apart trying to find this thing. I called my uncle who has a 2003 ExSpo and told him to look in the same place to confirm (even though he bought his new and knew his code). He was able to confirm his 03 ExSpo is in the same exact spot.

Hope this helps everyone with Sports because I tore my whole passenger side back end apart looking for it under the seatbelt. I figured I might as well search for the Sport Trac location since my front end was the same, and sure enough, there it was.

I guess I should have confirmed that it is under the defrost panel by the windshield, passenger side, look in at an angle from the outside as stated in the pictures above, and a flashlight does help.

Ford Sport Trac 2003 XLT keypad code

Hi

This is just to confirm this works on a 2003 Sport Trac XLT

Thanks!!

2004 sport trac key pad???

I have a 2004 sport trac.
Is the code in the same place as yours?
if not do you know where i can find it? Thanks.

I have a 2004 sport trac.
Is the code in the same place as yours?
if not do you know where i can find it? Thanks.

Yikes.. I just re-read my post and realized I hadn't mentioned Sport Trac even once.. sorry for that.

YES.. the photos and written instruction above are for Sport Trac, mine's the XLT model but I supposed that's of no importance.

GO FOR IT !!

2003 xlt

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
HI guys.

• From the outside of the XLT look through the windshield at the Keyless Entry Moidule.

Thanks

Just purchased an 04 sport trac and needed the code. Great thread! Thanks

I just cannot seem to find the code, despite pulling up the defroster. I have an '04 Sport Trac XLT - so I'm assuming it's the same; I can't see the images from the original post. Can anyone repost the pics? Edit: I'm fairly certain I am looking at the module, but just can't see the sticker. My next approach will probably be to remove the airbag, I just would rather not.

Nevermind - just pulled the airbag; I saw the sticker from the dash board, but just couldn't read it. Airbag pull literally took 10 minutes.

Back