Worst stuck pic thread | Page 48 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Worst stuck pic thread

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, but it has evolved significantly since I got it. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

True-Trac's would have saved the day there!

:DSo now you have to go back and try again... ...:D

Yikes! What do you do in a situation like that?!

Well I don't wheel my Explorer (to clean) but here are a couple pics of our other trucks that we have gotten stuck.

First is a 93 F250 4x4 D60 sas F450 rear springs leveling kit 4.10s with bald 285 75 r16s running 460 stroked and all those goodies.
Took her mudding after it just snowed and the truck lost traction at a 45 degree climb and slid back down my dad couldn't get the truck to slide the right way and got the front end on a rock and rear end on a tree. Ripped the drivers side running board off and put a ding in the rear drive shaft. Got the neighbor with a tractor to pick the rear of the truck up and move it over then locked it in 4x4 and granny and it pulled off the front rock then just backed it down the hill and went a little more mudding in a different spot. LOL
thebeast.png

Next is my 88 F150 4x4 302. When she wasn't running my dad left the t-case in neutral and it doesn't have a parking brake so it rolled into the ditch. LOL The 93 above drug her right out. Only damage was the tank got all dented up nothing else.
whitelightningditch2.png

whitelightningditch3.png

whitelightningditch.png

I've been stuck a few times now, every time was tooling around doing some light trailblazing in the snow, nothing a little effort and a shovel couldn't get me out of... except this one. :rolleyes:

This was two hours of shovelling later, and still required my buddies f250 to give me a yank to get out.

Pulled off too far to the side out of the packed snow on the driveway, slid off into a bank. You can see by the angle of the snowbank that when I first slid in, it enveloped the entire truck. Didn't realize it was that deep, since the snow plows hadn't been around my street all winter, turns out there was 6" packed snow on the road, and closer to 10 on my driveway. Was hung up on... everything. Before I started digging only the passenger side rear was firmly planted on the ground, everything else was barely contacting or completely floating. Couldn't work from the driver side because I was nearly touching the fence

YTlojGU.jpg

Guess who's going to fix his snow blower before next winter?
PFFFT. Currently on the look for donor axles for sas.

Earlier in this thread, I posted my worst stuck, but it really wasn't, this was. Moab 2000, off to the side of Potato Salad Hill.
That's me in the hat.

Attachments

• Bill Roll1.jpg
    Bill Roll1.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 673

Hey, Bill, you rolled the Ranger in Hi yet? If you do, you can be a tri-state roll over posse member!

Ouch! :roll:

Not really all that "stuck", but it was the first time I had to get winched.

c8987f1ba770cae608533fe2804f2334.jpg

5abf645703dc35a889cfc0725ef61303.jpg

I just pulled a Samuri out of the snow drift that he was trying to bust through and slipped off the edge of the trail. The snow was very slippery. We put a snatch block around a tree on the uphill side of the trail and that same Sami winched me up. The front end spun around and pointed down the hill during the winching process. Nothing like the only thing keeping you from sliding down the mountain is a vehicle that weighs less than you.......

You must really trust the person holding your feet.For some reason that reminds me of one of those priceless credit card comercials..

Tires for your mud truck 500.00 bucks

Gas to get out to your favorite mud hole 50.00 bucks.

Trusting your buddy to hold your feet when hooking up the tow rope..priceless

good pic :thumbsup:

LMAO love it!

1130141153_zpsygdjkavv.jpg
1130141204_zpsp0lo7gf9.jpg
1130141205_zpser2hxiys.jpg
1130141315_zpsg9veohys.jpg

Excavator came and pulled me out, glad they only live right up the road..
Was trying to move a trailer around to park it how i wanted it and well you see what happened.

Bump for some more pics

Back