Explorer Sport 2001 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport 2001 4x4

Tonyscuro

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport 4WD
I got my explorer lifted about 3 inches in the back to try to level it due to the fact that s we all know explorers specialy sport comes lower on the back than in the front. but now is higher on the back than in the front and it does not look good the guy tells me that sice the leaf springs installed are new they have wear and break in and that it should lower after 600 miles about 1 inch and 3/4!!! I certainly dont belive it!! can anybody tell me how true this is???
Thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't you just TT the front a tad 'till it is level? I would suggest searching on here "2001 Sport 4x4 TT", and go from there.

I wish you luck, and let us know if it works.

It will "settle" a little. His estimates may be a tad high though.
If you do crank up the torsion bars on the front, you will need to re-align your front end. The raising of the front will change your caster/camber setting.

It will "settle" a little. His estimates may be a tad high though.
If you do crank up the torsion bars on the front, you will need to re-align your front end. The raising of the front will change your caster/camber setting.

What will happen if he dosent get an alignment?

It states the reason why an alignment would be necessary. The caster/camber angle changes. Meaning if you drive the truck this way, not only will the tires wear quickly on the outside edge (in the case of raising the front, inside edge if lowered) it would be difficult to keep the vehicle going straight.

Mine drove fine after the TT.

Back