Vehicle Security System: Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Security System: Part No: 7L3Z-19A361-AA

One of my co-workers ordered this and had the dealer install it on his 2013 XLT and they couldn't get it working. As for adding this to vehicles with the standard perimeter alarm this product is supposed to add an impact sensor - the standard alarm is the door open type.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have ordered subject alarm module to install on my 2011 Navigator. I got it directly from Lincoln accessories website to make sure I am going to get right model. Today I got it installed by local Lincoln dealer which btw took tech over 6 hours (!) to get it done. Thanks god I paid $95 up front for installation when ordering online, otherwise dealer might have charge me more.

When I came to pick up my car, I checked alarm operation and found impact sensors not working. Without being told where override switch and LED are located, I made complain after being told, tech left already so I have to come back next morning.

Same evening, I googled installation manual for this alarm and later found module location with LED and override switch hidden deep and taped to harness. After studying service manual, I was able to adjust both impact sensors: light and main after which alarm finally works as expected going off with single chirp with light hits at body or glass and turning siren on and off at serious impacts.

So it looks like in my case everything worked just fine, I only wish installer was more responsible and would not leave me on my own. To make it work I had to figure it myself and adjust completely uncalibrated module. It worked.

One thing I noticed is that the horn turns on in random periods unlike most alarms where signal has regular on and off intervals. This alarm does not. Anyone knows why is that?

Most alarms that honk the OEM horn nowadays do so in a random "pattern" to get more attention since people seem to ignore alarms more so the other way

The alarm came with the Ford Smart Phone Remote Start i bought. Works awesome. Sends a text to my iPhone when the alarmed is tripped. Best alarm I've ever owned. Costs a few dollars more though.

The alarm came with the Ford Smart Phone Remote Start i bought. Works awesome. Sends a text to my iPhone when the alarmed is tripped. Best alarm I've ever owned. Costs a few dollars more though.

Was it included when you purchased this car or installed later? Are you paying monthly subscription fee for ability to receive alerts on your iPhone?

Was it included when you purchased this car or installed later? Are you paying monthly subscription fee for ability to receive alerts on your iPhone?
It was installed after I bought it. Yearly subscription for around 50 bucks.

The part number for the 2011-2014 (might be 15 too) plug and play security system is DL3Z-19A361-A.

Also that appears to be one half of the remote access system as well (the iphone/android setup)

So it would trigger with a any door and hood/trunk/rear gate opening along with having a built in adjustable shock sensor.

It was installed after I bought it. Yearly subscription for around 50 bucks.

How big is delay from pressing unlock on your phone to get the door unlock? I know sometimes it takes up to 5 or 8 seconds.

How big is delay from pressing unlock on your phone to get the door unlock? I know sometimes it takes up to 5 or 8 seconds.

The Ford remote access kits take approx 2 seconds , I activate them from my desk here in NY and have done this for customers in CA and Canada too.

If anyone has any questions on these kits please let me know.
- Plug and Play install in under 20 minutes
- No dealer visit required
- 50.00 per year annual service fee

Thanks,
Benny

It varies by region. Depends a lot on cell network coverage, network activity, etc. (many variables). I have had it work right away and taken as long as 15 seconds to not working at all (poor cell coverage).

They really should have an optional external antenna or on glass along with actually using the GPS that is built into it so you can GPS your vehicles location.

It varies by region. Depends a lot on cell network coverage, network activity, etc. (many variables). I have had it work right away and taken as long as 15 seconds to not working at all (poor cell coverage).

They really should have an optional external antenna or on glass along with actually using the GPS that is built into it so you can GPS your vehicles location.

Thanks for the info. I checked your system and it is not compatible with 2011 my Lincoln Navigator. I will stay with what I have installed per my story I shared in my initial post in this thread.

Yes. It can take up to 5 seconds to unlock. I like it because I can start my Ex from anywhere on earth as long as I have cell reception. It's awesome. My wife has the app on her phone as well. Have I said how awesome it is? :salute:

Back