Opinion 2015 Sport | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Opinion 2015 Sport

I believe the Limited is the top trim level. Trim level is not determined by price but the features that are available in the model. As you posted, the Sport does not have many of the features that are available on the Limited. However, I'm glad you are enjoying your Explorer. I'm looking at possibly getting a 2016 model when my current lease expires. Having the Ecoboost in my MKT has me seriously considering a Sport the next time. I'll wait and see what packages are available then. Happy motoring. :):thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate them. I will be upgrading my 2013 XLT to a 2015 Sport now. I am still leaning towards the Ruby Red but not quit sure yet. But I will be getting the 2nd row buckets and console for sure.

I forgot about the 3rd row being electric, that is something to consider. Also thanks
wjfawb0 for the comment and link, interesting. I will also take it out once in a while and clean it out on the expressway, we use to call it "cleaning the COBS out" (cob-webs)

Thank you all again. I just have to figure out if I want to order/find it now or wait until next month for better incentives. My brother told me he heard they were coming out with more incentives (he works for a major railroad in Detroit).

What ever I get I will be happy because it is a FORD EXPLORER.

SgtDon If you're not in a hurry I would wait until you see the 16 Sport. I think its worth waiting for.

Thank you all again. I just have to figure out if I want to order/find it now or wait until next month for better incentives. My brother told me he heard they were coming out with more incentives (he works for a major railroad in Detroit).

What ever I get I will be happy because it is a FORD EXPLORER.

Whether you wait for incentives or whatnot, consider doing your shopping towards the end of the month, if not the last day of the month (assuming you're ready to buy). That's usually when dealerships are more likely to bargain with you to make sales goals.

Tony

Yes I know about the end of the month. I bought my 2013 Nov 15th 2012 but I got $3000 in incentives and X plan discount($2000) so I did pretty good. But they only have $1750 in incentives right now. I wish they would come down on the sticker price like they use to years ago. You could plan on 10-15% right off the bat when you walked in AND YOU WERE SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING. . Now , YOU CAN'T GET ANYTHING OFF THE STICKER EXCEPT WHAT THE INCENTIVES ARE, OR IS IT ONLY ME??????? ANYBODY HAVE ANY COMMENTS BESIDES BUYING AT THE END OF THE MONTH OR LAST COUPLE WEEKS IN DECEMBER?

The dealer did say it would take at least 8 weeks or longer to get the car if I ordered one
now.

I did check out the 2016. I could not find a ball park price. I really did not like it that much. I do NOT like the idea of having a glass roof. I do not know about the hood, probably have to see it in person. I did not see what engines they will have nor did I see anything about the interior. If anyone knows of a web site please advise me. Plus I have always heard do not buy a car the first year of a major change. they need to get the bugs out. I am still living in the 60's/70's I guess.

And like always, THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

Not sure about the glass roof being a change. I have heard that the front and rear ends will be modified. I believe the first showing will be at the LA auto show in November. As for buying a first year model, that is what I did and had no issues except for the "random windshield wipe". Also there are 2014 models that are having the same issues as were present in some of the 2011 ones. I guess you pay your $$ and take your chances.;)

Peter

This is true peterk9. It was a rule back in the 60's and 70's. Whether it was true or not who knows. The pic I seen of the 2016 had an all glass roof on it. Maybe it is going to be an option you can order??? But I do not like sun roof, moon roofs, what ever they call them. I know they help on the resale but I just don't like them. (Maybe because my X liked them??) ;-)

I am sure the 2016 is a good looker, I guess. But I want to get rid of the 2013 now because it just brings back too many bad memories and I know it will really upset the X. Besides she gets her alimony every month! :)

Anybody have any comments for getting the dealer to take more off the MSRP besides the incentives? right now there at $1750. in my area.

I found one that I want but it does not have the console in it but has the bucket seats. They should be able to put a console in it I would think. My sales person does not come in until tomorrow, if he comes in he was kind of sick Thursday when I seen him.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.

Sgt- are you trading a vehicle in? You can do way better than that and I will help you. Let me know exactly what vehicle you're trading in and exactly what vehicle you are looking at (list all options on both vehicles and mileage on your trade)

And thank you sir for your service!:salute::usa:

BMan5150 I sent you a PM asking you a couple things before I send you the info.

And thank you!

I do like your sport pic. That is the one I want, Ruby Red. I want rear buckets, console, tow pkg also.

BMan5150 I sent you a PM asking you a couple things before I send you the info.

And thank you!

I do like your sport pic. That is the one I want, Ruby Red. I want rear buckets, console, tow pkg also.

Ours also has the rear buckets, console and tow package. We also have the NAV and BLIS packages. I will check my PMs and respond ASAP.

Do you have the charcoal/ sienna two tone seats?

Do you have the charcoal/ sienna two tone seats?

No. Just regular black leather buckets. The car has just about every option but the lane departure warning system.

Well I did it. I went down Tuesday and ordered a new Explorer SPORT. I have NEVER ordered a new car from the factory before, NEVER.

I ordered the Ruby Red, Charcoal/Sienna interior, 2nd row buckets, console, and most of the extras. I did not order the moon roof ( I do not like them) and the DVD players in the head rest, don't need them.

Dealer said that it went right through and there is no backlog so I might have the car by the end of October early November., MAYBE! :):):):)

My X is going to be sooooo upset, she thinks she put me in the poor farm.
Glad she does not live in Ohio anymore. I will be counting the days.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations sgtdon.:):thumbsup:
Sounds like a pretty nice setup. I love the moonroof but also have no need for rear DVD screens. The moonroof seems to be something you either like or don't. I'm looking at possibly going to the 2016 Explorer when my current lease is up. Likely a Sport depending on what feature changes there may be. I picked up my current one on April Fool's day. You might get yours on Halloween.:D
All the best.

Peter

THANK YOU. You are right about the moon roof, either you do or you don't. I am so excited over this one, even more than when I bought the 2013. Maybe it is because I ordered it with the options I wanted.

oh great a Halloween car!!!! thanks :) but if I get it that soon I will not complain.

I just hope the factory does a good job on building it.

:D

Congrats SgtDan!

The published HP and Torque numbers for the V6 Ecoboost were achieved using 93 octane gas. But that is compared to the regular V6. No change to the Sport numbers.

Peter

My dealer called me this morning and advise me they expect my new
SPORT to arrive around the week of October 20th!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer called me this morning and advise me they expect my new
SPORT to arrive around the week of October 20th!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Awesome news, sgtdon! I'll be happy to provide you with updates on your Explorer. Just send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location; leave the rest to me! :)

Crystal

Back