cylinder #2 misfire

Willard

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Ranger Edge
I have no spark on cylinder #2 (I think that's the one, passenger side middle one). After testing, I have fuel, every other cylinder works fine, I just don't have spark on that one cylinder. The coil pack's resistance checks out fine.

So is it possible for one cylinder to go out on the coil pack? The cylinder on the other side of that coil works fine. I just don't see how only one of them could fail. I don't think it's a sensor issue, as it would likely cause all the cylinders to run bad, but I have a distinct one cylinder miss. I need some help fast, in a couple hours I'll be in town to get what I need.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try another coil pack. inspect the coil pack for cracks, etc.. On my 97 I had a nasty crack across it.

Put a good spark plug wire on the questionable position of the coil pack and test for spar.

Its quite possible you will need a new coil pack.

Good luck ......

Put a good spark plug wire on the questionable position of the coil pack and test for spar.

Its quite possible you will need a new coil pack.

Good luck ......

That's exactly what I did. I'll get a new coil pack tonight, hopefully that fixes it.

I was just hoping I could get away from the $70 coil pack.

Back