EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!! | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

Just sent in my application to reserve a spot at Western Village:chug:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wish the old man would go to Carlisle... I am only 2 hours from there. Something I could even do as a day trip.. I am just south of Baltimore, Maryland.. Funny, when I do meet you all, I will be over half way across the country, but will not get to meet anyone when they are 2 hours away.. :rolleyes:

This is the place that I have stayed. It's a private campground. Very nice, but it is about a 20 minute drive from the fair grounds.

http://dogwoodcamping.com/

I am soooo glad that the woman from Western Village read back the dates to me when I confirmed the reservation with a credit card. I had accidently made the reservations online for 1 week later. That would have been terrible:eek: Thankfully she still had room for the week of Carlisle. The plan is to arrive on Wednesday and leave Monday.

Would love to make it to SMORR. Let me know what month and I'll work it into the budget. :)

SMORR will be June 10-12 2016 pending approval from the management. Shouldn't be a problem, but I haven't gotten ahold of him yet. Once we know for sure I'll start a thread.

I am soooo glad that the woman from Western Village read back the dates to me when I confirmed the reservation with a credit card. I had accidently made the reservations online for 1 week later. That would have been terrible:eek: Thankfully she still had room for the week of Carlisle. The plan is to arrive on Wednesday and leave Monday.

Glad to hear you got a spot. We will also probably be making our reservation here soon once we figure out whats going on for next year.

She state they were already getting full for next year already??? Normally you have till November before they start getting a little tight.

:thumbsup:

Rick.... Your going to be doing a about a years worth of wheeling in the span of a month.

Are you prepping differently for this expedition? Like fab tools, materials, double/triple the spare parts collection, etc...

I was thinking it would be nice to know in advance fabrication shops close too, or between all your destinations. Just in case you need something done that you can't or don't want to deal with yourself. OR... maybe members along your route that can help if needed. :dunno:

Are you prepping differently for this expedition? Like fab tools, materials, double/triple the spare parts collection, etc...

I was thinking it would be nice to know in advance fabrication shops close too, or between all your destinations. Just in case you need something done that you can't or don't want to deal with yourself. OR... maybe members along your route that can help if needed. :dunno:

Funny you should ask... I just pulled the trigger on a new trailer today. My flatbed served me well for over 15 years. Since it has permanent registration I'm going to keep it as a utility trailer with the tires stored in the garage until needed.

The new trailer is a 28ft enclosed rig. I have been hemming and hawing about purchasing one since they closed the race track next to our house 3 years ago. Now I'll finally be able to race the Dart again...

Anyway... this also helps me with the 20th anniversary trip since I will be able to carry more spares, more tools etc :D It will also keep the Pumpkin dry during the travel, so I will have the option of running the half doors for the trip.

I wanted to do a lot more to the Pumpkin prior to the 20th anniversary, but our monetary situation really changed over the past year with Char having to take off from work due to her health. Plans included a V8 swap, or even an entirely new "Pumpkin II" based on a 2nd gen 5.0. That still may happen in the future, but not before next year.

A trailer I can pay for over time, at a decent interest rate. Mods to the Explorer are always pay as you go for me.

If I break at any of the offroad parks I'll just take it up with the locals if I need to have work done. If I break in between, it's time to get on the forum and yell for help :D

If you do.. Please get video!!!

You would love to see that!!

Wish the old man would go to Carlisle... I am only 2 hours from there. Something I could even do as a day trip.. I am just south of Baltimore, Maryland.. Funny, when I do meet you all, I will be over half way across the country, but will not get to meet anyone when they are 2 hours away.. :rolleyes:

Thought about it, but with going to Moab, SMORR, and Gilmer, it would just be taking too much time off work.

What, No separate thread for moab???

tim

What, No separate thread for moab???

tim

I second that!! I havent been on here long, but i am very excited for this upcoming trip. Im already knee deep in my build and am looking forward to planning and preparing with others who will be attending. Im assuming we need a veteran member to step up to the plate as a trail boss or team guide or whatever you wanna call it.
I am also considering a trip in the near future to familiarize myself with the area and figure out the weak parts of my rig. I would like to find a trail buddy for a little Moab trip sometime this year... Anyone interested?

I second that!! I havent been on here long, but i am very excited for this upcoming trip. Im already knee deep in my build and am looking forward to planning and preparing with others who will be attending. Im assuming we need a veteran member to step up to the plate as a trail boss or team guide or whatever you wanna call it.
I am also considering a trip in the near future to familiarize myself with the area and figure out the weak parts of my rig. I would like to find a trail buddy for a little Moab trip sometime this year... Anyone interested?

We are hoping to make a trip in Sept...no solid plans yet but hoping. Let us know when you plan to go......where you coming from?

We are hoping to make a trip in Sept...no solid plans yet but hoping. Let us know when you plan to go......where you coming from?

Im in east idaho. 6+ hours from Moab. I am definetly interested in a trip in september. Please do keep me in the loop!

Blitz and I are down for Moab 2016, will be reserving dates shortly.

As far as crowding is concerned there is some BLM land near Canyonlands that we stayed in during the 2015 trip that was fairly vacant. Plus its free =)

As far as the other events go, we'll have to see. Texas and Cali are short runs for us and we amy be able to get to them without issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back