Hankook Optimo H426 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hankook Optimo H426

Just took delivery of my 2015 Explorer Sport. Came equipped with Hankook Optima H426's. Reading the reviews on Tirerack it looks as though these tires are worthless in any snow. Has me concerned since I live in Minnesota. Can anyone comment on how they handle in the snow?

Thanks

I just dug online for a few minutes for some reviews.

On 1010tires, reviews did mention subpar in winter. There were some reviews of wearing out fast.

With those reviews, and the blah reviews on Tirerack, I would get rid of them ASAP to maximize the money from selling them with low mileage.

My g/f had a brand new 2001 Honda Civic, and a brand new 2005 Honda Accord. One of the first thing done on both was getting rid of the junk tires that came on them, and selling them on Craigslist.

If you want better tires in the snow, I suggest that you get winter dedicated tires.

If you want better tires in the snow, I suggest that you get winter dedicated tires.
My 2013 Sport has these and they need to be replaced. Hankook has the Ventus S1 Noble 2 H452, size 255/50R20H, but Consumer Reports only gives them a 57 rating. Where as the Michelin Premier LTX gets a 74. Some tire sellers list a 255/50R20H for the LTX while other sellers do not show the 50R. Called Town Fair Tire up here in Leominster, MA and they say the 255/50R20H "DT" is listed (different tread), but the picture looks the same. They say they will match any online price which I think will get me into the $150-160 range per tire which isn't bad. But, with all the other charges I think I will still be in the $1,000-1,100 price range. The road hazard coverage is $95. The balancing is $112 etc., etc. I'll let you know how expensive this thing turns out to be and how the tires perform in the Winter time. Later. Honky.

"I'll let you know how expensive this thing turns out to be and how the tires perform in the Winter time. Later. Honky."

You don't have to worry about the price if you know where to look. Google is your friend. ;)

Back