Bluetooth radio | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Bluetooth radio

Bowings

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 sports trac
I have a 2003 Sport Trac XLT. I am looking at installing a bluetooth radio to replace my original. Do you have any suggestions as to which radio would work best?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a Pioneer mvh-x370bt. I love it!

I have a 2003 Sport Trac XLT. I am looking at installing a bluetooth radio to replace my original. Do you have any suggestions as to which radio would work best?

Depends how much you want to spend. My Kenwood DPX500BT double din was $199. Bluetooth but no touchscreen or nav. Sounds great tho.

Depends how much you want to spend.

Exactly this.

What's your price range? You can get a simple, entry level deck with bluetooth for around $100. Then you can work your way up to double din, around $150-200. Then double din with a screen around the $300 range. Or, navigation and screen around $650+.

All about price range.

I agree ^^^
Your price range should determine which Head Unit you will end up getting. If you are looking for suggestions of brand, Sony usually has the greatest distance that the bluetooth will still work. So if you want to sit outside your ex and still have the music play, Sony would be my suggestion

I put in a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X798 and love it. Things I really like are both front and back USB ports for extra flexibility; front mounted AUX-in jack, and a cover for the CD slot to close it off when I just want a cleaner look. Crutchfield!

hi
I have an 08 explorer xlt it has the standard radio with cd player and controls on wheel . can I just upgrade the radio to the sync model or will I need other things , harness etc. it was built 8/07. I press phone button and it says no phone. I would like to get Bluetooth to use my phone if possible . I know you can use parrot or other aftermarket but if its just plug and play I would like to upgrade radio . any help is appreciated thank you this is the part number I think may fit it Ford Explorer 2008-2009 exc. Sport Trac; recvr (Sirius ready), AM-FM-CD-MP3, ID 8L2T-18C869-AF and AG

The connectors on the bluetooth stereo are different, if I remember correctly.
It's not worth doing, it's easier to put an aftermarket deck into it.

Yes, for the time and effort (and probably money), you might as well get an aftermarket deck. With all the right parts, it will be rather simple to install

Back