Small Harness Diagram for 1997 Explorer Factory wiring. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Small Harness Diagram for 1997 Explorer Factory wiring.

ThatExplorerDude

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995&1997 explorer xlt
I need a diagram for the small wiring harness connected to the back of the Stereo in the 1997 explorer. I do not have the mach or Audiophile system. All I have is the basic of the basic system I need the labelling for the small rectangular plug.. Thanks :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bump

I might be able to help, I have an alldata account but I can't recall what year explorer I paid for. That site is awesome has all the diagrams you would ever need. Gimme a min and I'll check for you

Edit: just checked and it for an 96, they might be the same soo ill post a pic anyways

I might be able to help, I have an alldata account but I can't recall what year explorer I paid for. That site is awesome has all the diagrams you would ever need. Gimme a min and I'll check for you

Thanks!!! If you got the one for the 1997 SOHC then I would greatly appreciate it... I cannot find anywhere what the wires are in that list... I can find the one for the back harnesses and the big harness at the front.... but not the Harness that goes TO the amplfier from the Headunit.. e.i the small harness in the dash...

In case of confusion it looks like the small black harness in this picture (just more wires)

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/thumbs/t_71-5600.jpg

Edit: just checked and it for an 96, they might be the same soo ill post a pic anyways

Just saw the Edit. If you could That would be great

Iunno if these will help but here you go,
58894058_zps0hs696ev.gif

58894057_zpssefgjqrk.gif

i believe this is for the smaller black one
58894060_zpsiunvadl6.gif

i believe this is for the smaller black one

Another Question Entrixable. With regards to the diagram... because my after market HeadUnit has a cd changer built into it... Are the Cd Changer wires not needed in the install? Can I just splice into the regular harness the wires I need???

If your aftermarket has it built in I wouldn't worry about the factory one. Ign, power and speakers should be good enough

If your aftermarket has it built in I wouldn't worry about the factory one. Ign, power and speakers should be good enough

Need the illumination and etc from the big harness... but I get your point :)

Oops almost forgot, but yea it's pretty simple. Let me know if ya need anything else, even if you need a hand I can help out

Oops almost forgot, but yea it's pretty simple. Let me know if ya need anything else, even if you need a hand I can help out

Might need a hand with a few other things I have planned on the truck... But I think I can do the wiring fairly easily on the truck haha... Thanks for the Offer though :)

Might need a hand with a few other things I have planned on the truck... But I think I can do the wiring fairly easily on the truck haha... Thanks for the Offer though :)

We'll let me know if ya ever need a hand, more then willing to help out a fellow explorer. Four hands are better then two lol

We'll let me know if ya ever need a hand, more then willing to help out a fellow explorer. Four hands are better then two lol

Got the HeadUnit in this morning... No pictures as of yet but will do so eventually :)... Just Gotta wire my 8" and my A/D/S 642XI AND PH15 crossover and Amplifier... Eventually I will have 2 12" boston Acoustic Twelves and amplifier going in.. May get your assistance for that, dependent on how difficult it proves haha...

haha you coming out the other day reminded me to post that all the sub work is in :)

Back