New pics- got my clear corners today! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New pics- got my clear corners today!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sweet...where did you get them and how much?...i got mine from (dead links) they were REALLY $$$$$$$ Like $110-

Originally posted by jimabena74
sweet...where did you get them and how much?...i got mine from (dead links) they were REALLY $$$$$$$ Like $110-

I bought them from Jim Karnes, he runs RangerPowerSports.com, and is getting a online store started... it's not up and running yet, but if anyone wants a set they can email him at jkarnes@zebraimaging.com, his price is $64.95... best I've seen anywhere.

looks great, now just get some to match in the back and your set.

NICE!!

When I get some money, that's what I would like to do to mine. BTW, they look really sharp!

Originally posted by shagg44
looks great, now just get some to match in the back and your set.

I thought about getting some clear tails, but decided against it... I don't really care for the strong contrast in the back, but I think it looks great against the chrome up front. Now if they'd come out with some carbon fiber altezzas...

Here they are at night with the blue turn/parking bulbs...

(dead links)

Your truck looks great! I really like those tires and rims.

Have you had any problems with the men in blue about your running/turn signal lights?

PS: looks great

hey man those loook goood....but what are you leaking outta your truck there

Looks sweet. I still love the older Explorers, I kinda miss my '91, since it was my "first". LOL

you never forget your "first"

Ryan

Derk, It looks pretty good. I was wondering the same thing as Ryan1. It looks like your truck is scared to get its picture taken and your scaring the pee out of it LOL. It just happens to show up in both pictures, so I think it's funny.

PS. I know it is the water from the ac condenser.

good call Jeff....It does look like a nervous dog.

and good call on the AC I havent ever noticed where they drip cause Iv only used the AC last summer. I live up here in Minnesota so I only have to use mine one month out of the year

Aslo Jeff I think yours would look smooth with those clear corners...go for it

Roof rack somewhere on your list? That will look good too

I personally don't care for the clears, but I don't hate them either. Derks looks good with them, nice, clean look.

Roof rack is being built (local shop) as we speak. I had a friend of mine AutoCad one to give them the specs for it. It will be almost the length of the roof and the front will be arced with the curve of the top of the windshield. It will hold the 4 80 XL PIAA lights and have disconnects(from the cleats on the roof) if it needs to be removed.

That roofrack is gonna kick major booty.

how much is it gonna run ya

Hehe... yeah, that was just condensation from the A/C... good ol' Georgia weather forces us to use the air starting March or so...

davesexplorer, I haven't had any problems yet, but I haven't passed many cops with them on... hopefully it stays that way. I'm sure I'll run into a cop having a bad day sooner or later... oh well, I can just play dumb and agree to swap them out, and hope I can get out of it.

Hey Derk, I see you have a '94, but you don't have those panels that run underneath the doors. Did you take them off? If you did, did you buy the kit to cover up the holes? Was wondering how that worked for you if you did.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by Mainfraim
Hey Derk, I see you have a '94, but you don't have those panels that run underneath the doors. Did you take them off? If you did, did you buy the kit to cover up the holes? Was wondering how that worked for you if you did.

(dead links)

I took them off, and covered up the holes with tape (hey, I'm cheap) and sprayed some undercoating stuff on it. Looks pretty good, especially for a total cost of $3 ;)

Back