• Register Today It's free!

A/c problem

Gbh1124

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson ms
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 sportstrac
I have 2007 v6 with 46547 miles. It just started acting up in the last 2weeks. When I accelerate slightly or aggressively it shuts the blower motor off or seems to. As soon as I lift out of the throttle blower motor blows again. It has never done this before in the 5 years I have owned it. I have heared about computers that shut a/c off for power reasons. I don't believe this is what is happening with mine. Is the a/c & heater system controlled by vacuum or electrically with actuators . What is my fix???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With all the sports trac owners on here it is amazing that I am the only one to know or have this a/c control problem? Come on people some help please!!!

I'm having the same problem with my 07 ST with 104000 miles... getting it looked at this week... I think it may be a vacuum problem.
Idk if you may have this other little problem but when I accelerate, it makes a little whistle sound till about 2000rpm...

My blower does not slow down, but the temperature varies (warms up) if I accelerate hard. I would think that would be normal. What you describe would not be normal, but have never heard of this before.....good luck with your problem!

Sounds like you got a vacuum leak. Mix soap and water, then use a spray bottle to spray it on your vacuum lines. Small bubbles will let you know if you got a leak.

Sounds like you got a vacuum leak. Mix soap and water, then use a spray bottle to spray it on your vacuum lines. Small bubbles will let you know if you got a leak.

If I have a vacuum leak,I don't believe soapy water will show it? Because vacuum leak would be sucking the soapy solution into the vacuum line. Is this not correct??? You will need pressure not vacuum for bubbles to show up.

If I have a vacuum leak,I don't believe soapy water will show it? Because vacuum leak would be sucking the soapy solution into the vacuum line. Is this not correct??? You will need pressure not vacuum for bubbles to show up.

Wait... you're right, I was buzzing when I posted this and wasn't thinking straight. Sober now and thinking about it, soapy solution might be bad for the engine. I would use something that burns like brake cleaner. Listen for a jump in the idle's and that's where you're leak will be.

I have the same problem with my '08. It doesn't do it every time though. It happened several times today but accelerating when the speed was over 60 it did not happen. I was on a trip and when I got back near home it worked perfectly at all speeds.

More details

I made a long trip this past weekend. I found that the blower motor was not shutting off,but the air flow was changing on it's on to defrost as soon as I eased out of the throttle it went back to the dash vents. I now am quite sure I (we) have a vacuum problem. I found the control switch for a/c,vent,or defrost on carquest's website. It has an electrical connection & a vacuum connection. I am thinking about buying it & trying to see if this fixes my problem.what y'all think? It only cost $20.00.

Problem solved

I have the fix for my a/c problem. Look under hood on passenger side at fire wall. You will find 2 vacuum lines 1 grey & 1 black. Follow the black one back towards the engine for about a foot,you will find a black & white check valve. Replace it paying attention to its direction of flow. I lost my invoice with part number but it is called a vacuum check valve. Cost $10.00.

Vacum check value you say

Vacuum check value you say - I just started having this issue = vacuum noise when taking off only and not all the time, along with erratic temperature spikes/ drops on dash gauge. I just hit 50k miles on the v8.

will look into fixing this tonight.

Just got this vacuum check valve off ebay and it took less than 1 min to install. Yep, that solved the problem! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I went to Autozone and Discount Auto and neither knew what that part was - does not show up in their system. . . have to go on ebay.

So I skipped that and just replaced the thermostat was $11 and 30 min. of work. real easy to get to on the V8.

Problem solved & also solved my issue of no cold air / just fan air in time for summer. Now it blows ice cold.

Back