2013 XLT w/ 2nd row captain chairs | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 XLT w/ 2nd row captain chairs

Gatortailale

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Reston, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Sport
I put my order in last week.

XLT
EcoBoost
202A
2nd row captains chairs
Center console
BLIS
NAV
Deep Impact Blue
Light stone interior

Build date around May 7, 2012

Anyone else ordering the XLT with captains chairs?

Craig
:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We did an XLT with 2nd row Captians and the center console as well. Ordered around March 5th. We still can't get aa order number or an ETA on it from the dealer. Worried this will be a long wait... :(

Congrats Applefamily ... and welcome to the forums. :thumbsup:

Ford Customer Rep. Cory has said in another thread; and my DORA confirms, that there is a hold on building the XLT w/ 2nd row captain chairs until the May date I posted above. Guess with 40% of customers buying limited, they got to build what makes most money first ;)

Dealers have been able to order 2013 for a month or more, there is no reason why they can't place order and provide you the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) which is a printout of options you want. If you got a printout - look at top and it lists order # and dealer #.

Thanks! Ill have to try to get one of those. I guess its still lost on me why people would order a limited when you can get an XLT with most of the features for less $$$.. Maybe i'm missing something. What color of leather did you get?

Most people get the Limited because of the features the 'Most' doesn't include, lol. :)

Options packaging and marketing at their best. Getting the poor consumer to spend more money to get exactly what they want!

Thanks! Ill have to try to get one of those...
applefamily,

Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your order! When you get your order number, drop me a line via PM (Private Message) and I can keep an eye on it. Please also include your dealer code/dealer info. :D

...Ford Customer Rep. Cory has said in another thread; and my DORA confirms, that there is a hold on building the XLT w/ 2nd row captain chairs until the May date I posted above...
Thanks for helping out, Gatortailale. :)

Cory

I put my order in last week.

XLT
EcoBoost
202A
2nd row captains chairs
Center console
BLIS
NAV
Deep Impact Blue
Light stone interior

Build date around May 7, 2012

Anyone else ordering the XLT with captains chairs?

Craig
:exp:
You can include me on the waiting list.

Ordered my wife's 2013 Ex XLT on Feb. 13
White Plat-Tri coat
202A
2nd row buckets with console
Black leather
Nav.
Power lift gate
Tow Pkg.
20" wheels

I sure hope they start building them around May 7th. The date prior to that for them to start building XLT's with 2nd row. buckets was March 5th.

Cory,
Do you feel pretty confident about the May 7th date?

Waiting until May 7 is so hard. I called the 800 customer # and they said still no vin for my build. Order placed Mar 23. The rep said it did look like things moving along and they are gathering materials & said maybe end of this week or next week I might see VIN. They also said at this point system not showing any reason for a delay in build date.

:salute:

Congrats Texas Ex. :thumbsup:

Looks like we will have a 3-way race to see who gets their Ex first. :)

Waiting until May 7 is so hard....Looks like we will have a 3-way race to see who gets their Ex first. :)
Gatortailale,

Maybe some awesome community members will help by posting some more pics of their ride! :D

...Cory,
Do you feel pretty confident about the May 7th date?
I’m confident, Texas Explorer; I'll post here if additional details drop. :)

Cory

Well y'all can count me out of the race. We came across a used 2011 Limited with 2nd row buckets and more. Ended up buying it a couple of days ago, and Cancelled our XLT order.

Well y'all can count me out of the race. We came across a used 2011 Limited with 2nd row buckets and more. Ended up buying it a couple of days ago, and Cancelled our XLT order.

Okay Texas. Enjoy the limited 2011. Please post (if you can) a photo in contest page :)

I hope you have them do all of the TSB's listed for the 2011 model before taking it home. It'll save you the headache of having to mess with them later :)

I hope you have them do all of the TSB's listed for the 2011 model before taking it home. It'll save you the headache of having to mess with them later :)

No, I didn't. I bought it from a Lexus dealer. But, that's something I've been wondering about. I was wondering how I go about getting service history on it? I'd like to know if it has had any tsb's/recalls/oil change, etc. I was going to call my local dealer/customer service.

I am with you guys, the waiting is the hardest part. We ordered ours in early March. 2nd child is due early May and looking forward to cruising around town with the family this summer in the new Explorer

Welcome to the forum dewbsn!

Congratulations on the new car and the new baby! What an exciting time for you :)

I am with you guys, the waiting is the hardest part. We ordered ours in early March. 2nd child is due early May and looking forward to cruising around town with the family this summer in the new Explorer

Yes - what VinceL said, welcome to forum and congrats on your order and new baby.

It has been 24+ days since order; down to 21 days until build. But last I checked I still do not have a VIN and order says "in order processing." :eek:

Just give me a VIN ... LOL (you hear that Cory) :thumbsup:

:D

That’s great to hear about your new ride, Texas Explorer! We’re looking forward to pics. :)

...We ordered ours in early March. 2nd child is due early May and looking forward to cruising around town with the family this summer in the new Explorer
Welcome to boards, dewbsn! Congrats on soon adding two new members of the family. ;)

Welcome to the forum dewbsn!

Congratulations on the new car and the new baby! What an exciting time for you :)
Exciting is right, VinceL! :thumbsup:

...Just give me a VIN ... LOL (you hear that Cory) :thumbsup:

:D
I hear you, Gatortailale! I wish I had control over it… :D

Cory

I feel for you - I ordered my XLT on Jan. 9, 2012 and still don't have it...

My wife and I are considering putting in an order for:
XLT 4WD
Kodiak Brown
202A with black interior
2nd row buckets (no console), we need to be able to walk between the seats without having to remove car seats.

I am just not sure how long I want to wait. There is going to be a huge backlog of orders that need to be completed starting on May 7th. That will push our build date out quite a while. I don't really want a LTD since I don't need all of the 'extras' that you get with it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My wife and I are considering putting in an order for:
XLT 4WD
Kodiak Brown
202A with black interior
2nd row buckets (no console), we need to be able to walk between the seats without having to remove car seats.

I am just not sure how long I want to wait. There is going to be a huge backlog of orders that need to be completed starting on May 7th. That will push our build date out quite a while. I don't really want a LTD since I don't need all of the 'extras' that you get with it.

Welcome to the forum stevenailor!

With the 2nd row buckets and no console, be aware that the seats do not have inboard arm rests built-in. Some people have found that the total lack of an arm rest there is uncomfortable.

As for waiting, if you aren't in a rush (like trying to avoid being without a vehicle for a while), I would go ahead and order it, get exactly what you want, and enjoy the vehicle that much more when you get it :)

Back