Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Truck Haven Hills, CA in October 25 - 26

I know, I am having withdrawal symptoms. Maybe I should take a short day trip tomorrow? I need to measure out the rear wheel travel for the new shock mounts, sounds like a great excuse.

Meet you out at TH in the morning:p:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dannyboy's expo is for sale currently and when I was texting with him just the other evening he's still fighting some running gremlins. I offered up some of the spares from mine and my whole rig as a parts swap donor till he found the culprit. He was trying to con me into a trade for the whole thing just the other evening even! LOL I doubt he's going to make it out.

I'd love to make it but I just had to buy an engine somewhat unexpectedly for my other project last week and well, the funds just aren't there for a t-haven trip at this point.

...Hmm...Think we could draw these guys out of hiding by supplying mass quantities of Dr.Pepper?

M_J_DP.jpg

I'd love to make it but I just had to buy an engine somewhat unexpectedly for my other project last week and well, the funds just aren't there for a t-haven trip at this point.

Dude, its not that far. I promise not to ask you about coil over shocks while sitting around the fire if that helps..:D

...Hmm...Think we could draw these guys out of hiding by supplying mass quantities of Dr.Pepper?

M_J_DP.jpg

Maybe. That just might work for one, but probably not the other ;)

Just a bit under 600 miles round trip/14mpg in the tow van= 43 gallons, how much is diesel these days? I haven't filled up in a while... $4 a gallon still I'm guessing? $172.

My problem is the budget just isn't happy with that these days right now though. Cause this...

100_3392_zps9926ebd1.jpg

came from this...

100_3393_zps08e7c7e4.jpg

a few weeks ago which led to the purchase on a whim of this less then a week ago...

IMAG0021_zpsdzz88xgp.jpg

If anything sitting around the fire talking about shocks is motivation to roll out there but the timing/budget just isn't right this time around.

..Diesel is 3.85 and falling...It is also cheaper out near Truckhaven..;)

Looks like my bathroom remodel will be that week and maybe into saturday. Kinda sucks

Alright, count me in, I'm going and bringing Dora along

...That's what we like to hear..:biggthump

..it increases our odds that the hardcore off road magazine will pick up the story..;)

Its funny how everyone says they are tired of reading about jeeps but when given the opportunity, well..you know...:)

I want to be part of the change..:salute:

Come on folks, lets fill Truckhaven with Explorers like the good old runs we used to have out there!!

LOL, I've never once worried about what the magazines covered, and that's coming from someone that was on the cover of a nationwide magazine this year... I wheel cause I like to wheel, not for a magazine. If it was in the budget, I would.. If my dirt bike sells between now and then, I probably will come. But I spent literally thousands last week, it's not in the budget without selling the bike right now for me...

Ive been wanting to go on one of these for a while, and finally a weekend that I'm free! My little beast should do ok on some stuff, even thought she's RWD.

10418923_10203331614825244_5819433188083801256_n.jpg

LOL, I've never once worried about what the magazines covered, and that's coming from someone that was on the cover of a nationwide magazine this year... I wheel cause I like to wheel, not for a magazine. If it was in the budget, I would.. If my dirt bike sells between now and then, I probably will come. But I spent literally thousands last week, it's not in the budget without selling the bike right now for me...

..:scratch:..I'm not sure why you think the statements are about you, so let me clear it up..It is not directed at or about you, nor is it about getting in some magazine as individuals.. Sorry if you thought it was..:D

..It is about "US" as a community of non jeep driving, will wheel this capable vehicle till it breaks, then repair it on the trail with no aftermarket support type of people, as well as the ones who just want to go camping with their RBV vehicles. That's it.

..For everyone reading this, my statement is in general, as I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard an RBV owner complain about all the coverage the jeep guys get...This is a rare opportunity to get coverage for the RBV owners as a group. To show it's not one guy, or one vehicle, but there are a group of us too

..Now you can understand the promotional value of getting one vehicle on a cover of a magazine...The promotional value increases and is valued more by a community, when a group of vehicles are covered within a magazine and shown for what they are and can do, and not what they are perceived as..:D

I personally think it's a valuable and increasingly rare opportunity for the whole RBV community and the Forum itself, when the Forum gets a chance to have some magazine interested in coming out with our community and wanting to share our story with the world....

Heck, they could much easier do a Jeep story, lol..

In retrospect, I may be a little disappointed though.

..I myself for the past number of months have been wheeling and at, or in races, with the jeep community...I have grown accustomed to and heard "Let's Wheel" so often that I learned you can actually do this wheeling thing everyday of the week and not stop..Seriously.

..It wasn't about a jeep thing..It was about let's go wheeling..That's it

..Just like this run, it's all about wheeling and making new friends...The opportunity of having a magazine interested enough to come out and possibly do a story is a bonus which I think should be embraced and people should step up to the opportunity..

But that's just me and my .02..:p:

Ive been wanting to go on one of these for a while, and finally a weekend that I'm free! My little beast should do ok on some stuff, even thought she's RWD.

10418923_10203331614825244_5819433188083801256_n.jpg

..You will do just fine and you've been added to the list..Just make sure to have recovery points front and rear just in case..:biggthump

Newbies and first timers

..As we often do, there are several options when you come out.

a) Bring your car and camp
b) Just Meet and Greet fellow members and check out their rides
c) Ride along with someone experienced and familiar with Truckhaven as we often have open seats and you can trade off between vehicles too.
d) "Not so Big Dog's run"- if we know we have 1- or more people interested that just want to drive around nd explore the area on a pretty easy and more scenic run.
e) Camping and Exploring basics. If this is the first time being out with your vehicle, we are more than glad to help you out..

So who else wants to come along?..:D

Well said, thats why I'm part of SoCal tacomas.

LOL, never said that comment was about me or directed to me... But last I checked I am an exploder owner so therefore I think I'm automatically in the "group" so while it's not directed towards me, it is at the sametime? Or am I wrong? My appologies for stating that magazine coverage doesn't concern me at all a single percent.

I wheel with 2 local jeep clubs (one I'm only allowed in cause I had a jeep when I met them, I'm literally the one and only exception to their rule) and a toyota FJ club as well as with a general offroad group. You've seen my driveway, I'm not exactly dedicated to any one brand, make or model (although these days by chance it is heavily ford dominant, lol)

BTW, what is RBV? Rare bronco vehicle? That's about the closest thing I can come up with? I'm not up with the current acronyms I guess.

LOL, sorry still laughing about people complaining of magazine coverage right now. I've bought one offroad magazine in 2014 cause our truck was on the cover. I don't think I bought a single one in 2013. I don't pay attention to what the magazines say I should have and be doing, I pay attention to what's in my driveway and what I want to be doing.

And hey, if anyone wants to by a very nicely maintained badass KTM300XCW that's HIGHLY accessorized I'll make this trip and deliver it on the spot!!! 100% serious!!! It's not coincidence that I spent that money last week and put my bike up for sale this week...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/4692114812.html

I guess my main point is... I don't care about what vehicles are surrounding me when I'm out enjoying my vehicle. I just want company for safety reasons of being stranded/stuck. If you've got a Prius that can handle the trial... Bring it for all I'm care!

YIKES!!!! Jeeps!!!! The ENEMY!!!

20140419_134557_zps1f619d2e.jpg

LOL sorry I struck a nerve about not caring about magazine coverage...

Your wrong and no worries, you didn't..but that's ok too .:)

It will be made clear at the campfire so hurry up and sell that bike..

LOL, what is RBV???? Or is that what will be told around the campfire?

Last trip, I never even hungout at the campfire... LOL

Lol..sorry..

RBV = Ranger Based Vehicle

The Explorer was built on the Ranger platform

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We haven't done so bad...

attachment.php

Back