Taking Doors off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Taking Doors off

connor803

Reaction score
Summer is almost here and i want to stand out around my city. So i was wonduring if any of yall have takin your front 2 doors off and is it worth taking the doors off. I drive a 2000 xlt. So what do yall think

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It might look OK if you had a full canvas top that you could drop like a Jeep, and had big tires and a nice lift. Otherwise NO it wouldn't look right with the hard roof and 4 doors.

It'll look like its been in an accident and parts are falling off. For offroading, it might be useful, but nobody cares what it looks like on the trail....and sometimes parts ARE falling off.

The doors are really really hard to take off, so don't even try. LOL.

BTW, welcome to the site! What mods do you have?

roof rack and all terrains and subs. bout to get a ranger 3 inch body lift and then get 33's i might get shackles and do a tt twist after the body lift i just got to save up mony for the installation of the body lift thats whats going to kill me

Well if it is stock height, i would especially say NO. that's like taking the doors off a minivan.

:bsnicker:
Well if it is stock height, i would especially say NO. that's like taking the doors off a minivan.
Probably right. It is cool with jeeps, but I don't think it would work out so well with explorers.

Just thought I would add how to remove doors::D

rick has this done but as you all know he is lifted he also has tube doors which are required by law in just about all 50 states. I started to build a tube door but sold my 99 sport a few years back after seeing ricks ride. The only problem i had was putting the doors back on and getting them to sit right.

Back