Rear Wiper arm mod | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wiper arm mod

These trucks, mine included, often have far more serious issues that could be fatal. Here were are worrying about the rear wiper blade not making sufficient contact with glass.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

These trucks, mine included, often have far more serious issues that could be fatal. Here were are worrying about the rear wiper blade not making sufficient contact with glass.

it's just a common annoyance and has been discussed on the forum many times. you're correct, in that it's not very important, but I enjoy solving problems and everything has to work on my vehicles. it's just my OCD.

IMO they are relatively safe so long as you remember a vehicle with a high center of gravity likes to keep going as straight as possible.

it's just a common annoyance and has been discussed on the forum many times. you're correct, in that it's not very important, but I enjoy solving problems and everything has to work on my vehicles. it's just my OCD.

Same here. I am obsessed with making everything work as intended. The amazing thing is that just about everything works. This obsession can be costly of course as you try to fix every little glitch beyond economic common sense.

Same here. I am obsessed with making everything work as intended. The amazing thing is that just about everything works. This obsession can be costly of course as you try to fix every little glitch beyond economic common sense.

Yes. Tell me about it. Try it times 5. Still, I'd rather do this then having 5 $40,000 car loans, plus it gives me something to do.

How does the rear plastic door cover come off to get to the rear wiper linkage?

It's snapped in.

grab it with the tips of your figures near the bottom, spread the plastic and pull it toward you. it's slightly easier to get off if it's warmer rather than colder out.

Update:

Since cutting the 1/8 inch off the arm stops on my 2000 Explorer, the rear wiper has been working perfectly. Doesn't get stuck in the gap and even the PARK position has started working normally again.

Back