Let's see, what can I powdercoat today? | Page 69 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

nissan wiper 1.jpg
nissan wiper 2.jpg
nissan wiper 3.jpg
I have been practicing with my powdercoating system. So, today I thought I'd coat the wipers on my Wife's Nissan--might as well hit the ones on the Mounty also--

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd say you created a c-channel made of metal that the numbers were placed on face down. Electrical current flowed through that to the dumbbells and viola!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Do the handles come apart?

They were set on the numbers, which look like bare metal. Otherwise, a sharp pointed support was used, leaving no hook marks, just tiny holes.

Ding ding!
I traced around the bottom sides on a piece of plywood.

4 screws were driven through the sheet of plywood inside the lines. I made 2, one for each dumbbell.

I now have 4 sharp points. It sets secure, and, my ground clipped to one of the screws.

Whew, thank you and I should have stopped then with the computer.

Rant; I spent over an hour with Sears, a single item online order, and five phone calls. That shop your way rewards crap sucks. I didn't get the discount points, and they would not cancel the order. Seven people spoken to, the last being a supervisor, I told her to get the order canceled and call me back. No call yet, and I reordered the item(Sears 950 jumping box), with the points discount, plus the "new" points from the first order. I expect them to tell e that they will charge me for the "new" points, and not award me those for the new order($10 lost). End cost, about $56 for the $120 item, on sale today only for $70. The time spent on the phone, priceless.

Very nice, I like those hinges.

Turdle, pm sent to you.

Is there a little screw hole on the end so you can drop in a small screw and hang from that?

edit...oops...I was stuck on the bottom of the last page, still looking at the weights....sorry guys. :eek:

Just wondering... have u ever powder coated a BBQ grill? :) would love for my grill to match my Eddie Bauer.

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

Just wondering... have u ever powder coated a BBQ grill? :) would love for my grill to match my Eddie Bauer.

Hi Michael.

It would look good until you used it. :D

One flare up would discolor it if not burn off completely. I don't think I would even trust a high temperature powdercoat for that.
In the last couple years I have seen grills with color on them but the lid often discolors from the original shade. I'm not sold on anything for a grill other than stove black or stainless.

I'm not sure what Weber does with their grills, it seems to last a while. I assume it is some kind of porcelain enamel.

Yea.. I figured that would be the case... I've been considering all kinds of options, high temp engine paint, brake paint, powdercoating... but I'll probably just let it go till I can't stand it anymore then buy a new one...

Some cast iron tractor seat stool thingys before

013_zps7bbd145b.jpg

Gotta take them apart

001_zpsbe56f344.jpg

The castings were rough

011_zpscc547d8e.jpg

015_zpsd9794a9d.jpg

So I cleaned em up

017_zps9f97cd4a.jpg

008_zpsd62e042b.jpg

007_zps3151cbfa.jpg

Then they were blasted clean to bare metal
0033_zps842281df.jpg

After epoxy primer powdercoat, the seats and bases got 2 coats of "empire copper vein" and a coat of "clear vision"

0034_zps3d069692.jpg

sorry for the dust in this picture-pedestals are "argento" with "casper clear" flat top coat

0083_zpsffe4f53b.jpg

0073_zpse172e170.jpg

Those look awesome!!! Guess what? Finally washed the Explorer the other day and the easiest part was cleaning the WHEELS!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Those look awesome!!! Guess what? Finally washed the Explorer the other day and the easiest part was cleaning the WHEELS!!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Thank you again! :D

Take a look at the TOTM contest ;) I nominated you ;)

Cool Jon, much better than the bare metal.

I would like to have one with a top load clam shell configuration, and 2 work stations for reach ( sets of gloves) using the pot blaster as power. With a conventional funnel design, the media could be reclaimed and put back into the pot blaster easily. A pot blaster has a lot more force than the siphon feed blast cabinet, so I would just plumb the pot hose into the larger cabinet.

If I could just find a spot to place it.

Sounds like you don't have the space but these guys are worth a look.

http://www.wheelabratorgroup.com/us/sites/wheelabrator/content/wheelabrator_home.aspx

We have a huge rotary table machine here at the facility I work at. It cleaned a 5.0 Oil pan in 45 seconds with no damage. Set the timer and let it go.

Since you seem to be doing larger and larger parts they may have something to fit your needs.

Warrior Shackles burned off and blasted

001_zps62887531.jpg

Since these are going to Canada,

Epoxy primer powder coat baked in

002_zpsb75f15c0.jpg

Then a coat of color, Mercury Blue ( Epoxy Polyurethane hybrid) and another bake

003_zps4f400293.jpg

I then flipped them to expose the hook marks and added a good coat of Clear vision top coat. You can see the towel fuzz in the reflection

004_zps1db3f2bf.jpg

There ya have it Simon. I did everything I can do to prevent rusting. :D

Back