Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Transmission and Transfer Case Specs by year

...other charts i have looked up say, and as in my post #28, all i could find was haynes says 4r55e for the '95 and '96 years only...;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 86 to 87 B2 Toyo kogyo transmission Q?

:usa: thank you

i have a 1986 B2 with the Mazda transmission and i was woundering if you can take the older mazda transmission and replace it? any help would be nice

hey all
I was wondering if anyone new the low range ratio of the
BW4405?? On the spec page here it says 2.48:1
I'm pretty sure thats what I have
underneath it read "Torque on Demand" and "AOD" If I remember right, I'd go outside and check but it's 10 degrees out:eek:
it's electronic shift and the nob has Auto, 4x4high, 4x4low
In auto it sends some (very little like at most 20%) power to the front

but yeah I have the SOHC 4.0 5R55E and open 4:10s

1st gear is the trans is: 2.47
Axle ratio is: 4.10
I believe the Transfer case low is: 2.48
On pirate4x4.com I have read that the torque convertor can mulitiply the ratio up as well. On the site they used a 2.5 value for the convertor don't know if it's true or not??

so multiplying those values I have a: 62.78:1 which is alright for 33s and the wheeling I do.

but with a 1354/54 stubler would give me a: 2.48x2.48= 6.15/1
which would give me a 155.7:1 ratio :eek:
now that would be nice but would that be too low for my auto?? and over power the brakes? if so I guess I could always put it in neutral to stop.

Which transfer case is in the 2001+ Sport/Sport Trac?

I looked at my door code and it says "D" for the transmission and it says I have an open diff. 3.73 axle. 1997 Explorer XL. I had it on a hoist and it seems like a posi diff, plus my transmission is only a 4 speed auto. 1-2-D+OD. How do I know for sure which trans. I have. I think it`s shot. (Makes a loud winding sound and I lose my gears.) Actually I normally lose just reverse, but now I lose my forward gears while I`m driving. The only way to get around it is to put it in 4x4 low...then all the gears work. I`m so confuzzled :s

hey what vin number position are you taking the trans code from? 1fmdu34x3tu is my vin

i have a 1996 explorer with the 4R55E tranny. i was wondering what it will take to put in a 5R55E tranny. will it be a direct bolt in or will i need to do some adjustments? is the bellhousing pattern the same? one more thing, the 4r is 4 speed auto and the 5r is 5 speed auto. problem?

Has anyone figured this out yet?

I am looking to do the same thing, "IF" it will work.

Direct Bolt up?

Drive shaft diff?

5th gear problems?

Throw codes? If it does, how do you correct it?:dunno:

Basically I am trying to figure out if I get a 5R, and I have a 4R, if it is worth beefing up over pulling mine out and being down till it is finished being worked on.

Need Help

i have a 98 xlt 4.0 sohc vin e. my tranny is a 5r55e with a 4405 t case. can i put on a manual t case on that tranny. need help.

:salute:

Ranger
R8..... L/S 8.8"..... 2750..... 4.56
What year did this come in?

I have a 98 2wd. it needs a tranny. i can get a 97 2wd tranny. chart says it will fit (5R55E). Is there anything such as speedo fitting, etc... that could be a problem?

1995 explorer trans ????

ok this lists shows 1995 as a 4r44e and 1994 as a4ld, but the other list on here shows the a4ld going thru 1995?I have a 1995 that has lost the trans, so quess I better pull the old one just to be sure?Thanks for all the info on here,I have gotten years of learning in just a few nights with all this help!

Help figuring out t-case model?

I have a 97 2dr 5 spd manual with control trac. the auto wreckers say their will be a tag on the t-case that says either CA, RA or GA. Where would this tag be? I have the T-case disengaging under deceleration problem. Trans, clutch and diffs are working fine. Thx

'06 trannytag l2p-7000-eb

Hello all,

I want to do a fluid change on our Explorer and I can't find any information on this model. First, is it a valid model no or am I reading it wrong. Secondly, I was thinking about just draining the exisiting fluid and just pumping new fluid into the level check port on the drain plug. I know this is not a through change, but we dont tow anything except occassionally a bass boat or light utility trailer. The vehicle has 70K miles on it and no service had been done on the tranny. It shifts perfectly.

If I get the nerve I may go ahead and drop the pan and change the filter as well but not without more information.

I would appreciate any assistance or info anyone can offer :)

i looked on my t case and a sticker says 4405 so does that mean i have the 4405 t case

Does anyone have the specs for the fm 146?

95 ford explorer

how do I cheak to see if my explorer first or second generation im in desperate need of a transmission wiring harness ,automatic 2wd can u help with what transmission I have?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to revive an old thread just trying to figure out which auto transmissions are direct swaps into my '88 ranger 2wd I'm having an extremely hard time finding a A4LD

Back