• Register Today It's free!

I really want one....

tenacioush

Reaction score
City, State
corpus christi texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 E.B. 4.6L 4x2
A turbocharger. I really want one. Anyone know where to get one or any information on how it performed? Then again... does one exist?

Damn.... I really want one....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A turbocharger. I really want one. Anyone know where to get one or any information on how it performed? Then again... does one exist?

Damn.... I really want one....

Why would you want to turbo a V8? Try supercharging, seems to be a better mix to me for the lowend and power you would want in a V8 / SUV

WRONG
turbo charging is the best type of boost, ask around, most people who mess around with a supercharger eventually go turbo anyways hahaha

superchargers are good but the old tale about them being best suited for trucks, just is not so much true anymore, they have found more and more ways to make boost quicker.
Supercharger or turbo and 4x4 rock crawler still dont really go together even through it is done, but I get the feeling this guy is looking for street power, not off road power since its a gen III with a 4.6L

Who doesnt want to turbo charge their street driven Explorer? I sure do!

Check out Rocket's truck on this forum, hes got a Gen III ex turbo project going right now.

You can turbo anything with an engine, its just a matter of time and $$

I want to turbo it for the same reasons anyone would.... its a lot more power. If i found a supercharger that fit the needs Id go with that jsut as easily.

410: exactly right. where can i see the progress on Rocket's truck? and by the way, mines a gen IV and its 4x2

Rocket isn't going turbo, he's running a Kenne Bell 2.2 supercharger. :thumbsup:

Back