• Register Today It's free!

Front Suspension Rebuild Kits

beach

Reaction score
City, State
south florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
Coyote F150
Searched and I know theres info on here but want to make sure, I only found this on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUSPENSION-EXPLORER-RANGER-MOUNTAINEER-98-99-00-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e575d9dc7QQitemZ130314771911QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUSPENSION-98-01-FORD-EXPLORER-CONTROL-ARMS-BALL-ENDS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439a5c18fcQQitemZ290352535804QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Are these the Moog kits? Or does anyone have a link to the full rebuild kits for 00/01 4dr? I want to get the right one, and also anything else I should get that maybe these kits don't included as I don't want to install only to find out something else should/could have been replaced at the same time lol.

And with the full bushing kits, confused, thse included all bushings for front and rear... but the rebuild kits above include their own for their parts right? I just want to make sure in case I just have a shop do the bushing part if I don't have time and they don't end up replacing ones like front the kits above that didn't have to be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Those are not MOOG. They are cheap China garbage. Just the MOOG upers alone will cost more than those kits.

Run like hell from those kits.

Those are not MOOG. They are cheap China garbage. Just the MOOG upers alone will cost more than those kits.

Hmm damn, someone on here once told me to guy the ebay kits for full rebuild. Is there a moog kit or cheaper one that contains everything?

I had a guy try to tell me to get one of those kits when I was doing my upper control arm, yeah I don't want to be doing this job again in a year. I'd rather get Moog and be set. I found my driver side upper on Amazon for $85 and it IS Moog! I don't know if Moog has a kit, I haven't seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist, you'll probably have to buy everything separate.

ive gotta do the smae job to the front end and i saw that same kit the moog upper control arm is 117.00 in advanced auto thats for 1 upper i agree with konaboy i definately dont wanna be doing this job again for a long time and i also dont want anything to fail on me because of cheap parts...IMO

I had a guy try to tell me to get one of those kits when I was doing my upper control arm, yeah I don't want to be doing this job again in a year. I'd rather get Moog and be set. I found my driver side upper on Amazon for $85 and it IS Moog! I don't know if Moog has a kit, I haven't seen one but that doesn't mean they don't exist, you'll probably have to buy everything separate.
Yeah I'm confused searched and saw so many post on here saying you can just buy these kits and their fine, but now being told their crap lol. I'll pry sell/trade the truck for a new one, but need to install new shocks and bushings etc.

Yeah I'm confused searched and saw so many post on here saying you can just buy these kits and their fine, but now being told their crap lol. I'll pry sell/trade the truck for a new one, but need to install new shocks and bushings etc.

Redoing the front suspension is still a hell of a lot cheaper than car payments :)

Redoing the front suspension is still a hell of a lot cheaper than car payments :)
Have other vehicles just pay cash, this ones a beater or used for trips so little bored after all these years as I've had it since new.

What does a front rebuild cost if priced out part by part with moog etc, not sure all the exact pieces I need. Are there any good kits for the front? B/c searching on here a lot of people recommended the front kits on ebay...

What about those same kits but from Canada? Seems from what I found people are recommending the kits from Canada vs U.S.

Any experience with Master Pro suspension parts from O'Reilly Auto Parts? A post on another auto forum contends the Master Pro line is a Moog product. My father had a garage and was very picky about parts quality. He would only use Moog suspension parts. I need to overhaul the front suspension on my '97 Exploder and am considering using the Master Pro parts. ( I would instinctively prefer Moog parts but I live on a tight budget.) I've inspected the Master Pro parts and see no quality issues. But tolerances are the thing an inspection won't reveal. Only installation experience or a micrometer comparison will tell that tale. As far as Chicom parts go, I've seen very good stuff and I've seen absolute garbage.

Master Pro Suspension Parts

I installed the Master Pro brand ball joints and everything went perfectly. The parts fit good and gave no installation trouble. The lower joints had the Moog style "problem solver" grooves in the shell to make for a tight fit in the lower control arm, but they are definitely not the Moog just repackaged. They are marked China and are a little longer body than the Moog. The upper joints have blue grease boots like the Moog but that is the only thing I could tell looked the same. Time will tell how well these parts wear. O'reilly gives a lifetime warranty on them so I hope it's a long time. If I have to replace them in short time I will be unhappy about it but so far so good.

Ditto on everthing Dan said!

If you are on a tight budget, scour ebay and amazon for authentic MOOG parts. Buy them individually if needed. Amazon offers free shipping and has the best prices I could find aside from ebay. When buying on ebay verify with the seller thay the parts are MOOG. The knockoffs/copies etc use the same exact part number and are very misleading. It doesnt matter to me if the "generic" parts are 1/2 price or even 1/3 price etc, I do not want to have to do this twice. The lowers balljoints do not require an alignment but the upper control arms do, which adds to the price if you needed to do that twice etc.

Ditto on everthing Dan said!

If you are on a tight budget, scour ebay and amazon for authentic MOOG parts. Buy them individually if needed. Amazon offers free shipping and has the best prices I could find aside from ebay. When buying on ebay verify with the seller thay the parts are MOOG. The knockoffs/copies etc use the same exact part number and are very misleading. It doesnt matter to me if the "generic" parts are 1/2 price or even 1/3 price etc, I do not want to have to do this twice. The lowers balljoints do not require an alignment but the upper control arms do, which adds to the price if you needed to do that twice etc.

Yes, stay away from bargain suspension. Lots of issues on other boards as well.

Find parts made in the USA everything is from China or Mexico even the factory
electronics and other components.
That's why we are in a depression.
All is out sourced hence no Jobs.
I used to think that the stuff was crap some is some not .
Same gamble as anything else you buy.:thumbdwn:
I have used cheap parts opposed too the so called upper end for the names made in the same places.
Racks FE parts rotors pads etc they held up 2x longer than original or never replaced again.
I have fixed my own vehicles for over 25yrs and want it right.
allot of these parts are better quality than you get from repair shops.
Especially brake pads and such.

I used the exact ebay kit posted in the OP, it was less than $160 shipped.

I put it in last winter. 2 months later the endlink exploded. 3 Months after that the upper ball joints started making noise. Now the uppers are completely trashed and I have a set of Moog UCA/BJ on the way to install this weekend. The uppers didnt last more like 6-7000 miles. It's complete garbage. These parts shouldnt be changed with every oil change. I expect everything else in the kit to fail over the coming year and will replace with Moog.

Go Moog and replace the components as you can afford them.

Ebay feedback and lifetime warranties are worthless for parts like that. They are basically giving feedback in 30 days that the junk shows up to their door and fits in. Any part will last 30 days, and even if not the merchant has to replace it in that timeframe.

No one can comment 1 yr later as to how the parts hold up. And if you ask for a warranty replacement, they can ignore you, you can't even complain to eBay. It don't matter to me how many positive feedbacks they have.

Its crazy to buy no name parts for suspension, it truly becomes a safety issue. Also the grind of doing it again. Its ok to buy a no name blower motor or headlamp assembly, but I just can't justify it for a ball joint for a 4200 Lb truck. You think about gas being almost $3 a gallon, saving the cost of a fillup or two on a major suspension rebuild is not a good idea.

i will echo what a few have said .stay away from the ebay kit unless you can find a actual moog kit on there .

i done my ball joints 2 years ago with some cheaper joints from advance auto,what a mistake that was .they didnt fit in the lower arm very well,my mechanic had to tack weld them in there so they didnt walk out the arm.
2 years later they were shot and i found myself replacing them again .

this time i went with the moog joints so we will see what kind of life span these have .

everyone wants to save a buck we know that ,but this is a area of the truck you dont want to skimp on or you will find yourself doing it over again in a couple short years or less.

Who has the best prices on Moog parts??

Who has the best prices on Moog parts??

I have 2 year old moog ball joints with 30k on them and they are junk
making noise over bumps and this is all highway miles not off road.
They are moogs written on the boots.
Also Had tie rod ends gone in 50k.:rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well thats not good news.
i actually went back to advance auto and they had the moog joints cheaper than autozone.

what brand do the dealers use?the original ball joints held up for near a hundred thousand miles .seem to be going thru them every 2 years since swapping out the factory joints.

Back