Please Help: How to disable anti-theft? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Please Help: How to disable anti-theft?

93liftedXLT

Reaction score
City, State
left coast
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xlt
Hey guy's.

I need some major help ASAP.

I have a 2000 ford ranger 2wd 4.0L. I drove down the the post office to get my mail and came back out and my truck would not start. I have narrowed it down to the stupid factory anti-theft alarm that will lock the ignition out and the power will not go to the starter. It's just a LOUD clicking noise. I had the truck towed to my house just now.

I checked the battery and it has 13 amps. It's just this dumb anti theft stuff that puts the truck in limp mode and tells the computer to disable starting the truck....The little red alarm light flickers really fast when I turn over the truck and makes that loud clicking noise.

How do I disable the factory alarm so I can drive to work in the morning?????

PLEASE HELP ME:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Disable Anti-Theft

Hey just read your thread. I had a similar problem, 97 Ford Explorer anti-theft activates randomly cutting off power to the starter, fuel pump, whatever...(I'm not a mechanic, just a hack....) Anyway, what worked for me was disconnecting negative battery terminal a few minutes. Hook it back up, play with the locks, with the door open seeing if "theft" light goes on and off accordingly. Try to start it. You may have to do this a couple times so be patient. Anyway, once I was able to start it, I located my anti-theft module, rear driver corner panel. I shut off the engine, then unplugged the smaller of two sets of wires leading to the module. Bingo, anti-theft disabled. All went well a few months until I decided to install new pcv valve. I unhooked the negative battery terminal to work on the car, and when I hooked it back up, car dead. I realized computer must get a read from anti-theft module before it will start again. Sure enough, plugged anti-theft back in, went through the whole process again, started it, shut it off and then unplugged anti-theft module. Car running fine for a couple weeks now. Hope this helps.

hey, I just had a major headache with my 2000 explorer.... anti theft blinking, wouldn't start...

after spending $350 on a pats module replacement I got stranded again... not fun..

Finally got it fixed, it turned out to be a simple $20 relay switch that was sticking.
(under hood, drivers side... about 1" square, #FOAB-14B192-AA)

repair sheet states that it was PCM power relay switch. sticking...

works perfect now... good luck.. hope this helps someone..

Good info, showpony... :thumbsup:

Thanks

Your post saved me a lot of money!! Thanks!
Was having the same problem on my 1999. Anti Theft blinking, ocasionally won't start. Pissed me off! Tryed to buy a new PATS key, not worked. Now with the new relay the problems are gone!

hey, I just had a major headache with my 2000 explorer.... anti theft blinking, wouldn't start...

after spending $350 on a pats module replacement I got stranded again... not fun..

Finally got it fixed, it turned out to be a simple $20 relay switch that was sticking.
(under hood, drivers side... about 1" square, #FOAB-14B192-AA)

repair sheet states that it was PCM power relay switch. sticking...

works perfect now... good luck.. hope this helps someone..

How to disable anti theft in ford explorer 2002

Hey guy's.

I need some major help ASAP.

I have a 2000 ford ranger 2wd 4.0L. I drove down the the post office to get my mail and came back out and my truck would not start. I have narrowed it down to the stupid factory anti-theft alarm that will lock the ignition out and the power will not go to the starter. It's just a LOUD clicking noise. I had the truck towed to my house just now.

I checked the battery and it has 13 amps. It's just this dumb anti theft stuff that puts the truck in limp mode and tells the computer to disable starting the truck....The little red alarm light flickers really fast when I turn over the truck and makes that loud clicking noise.

How do I disable the factory alarm so I can drive to work in the morning?????

PLEASE HELP ME:usa:

PIC ONE.jpg

PIC TWO.jpg

PIC A.jpg

PIC B.jpg

PIC C.jpg

PIC D.jpg

PIC E.jpg

Back