Rear park assist sensor compatibility | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear park assist sensor compatibility

shadowless127

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 EB AWD 5.0
Does anyone know if there is cross-compatibility with the rear park assist sensors on this generation?

Meaning, are these the same sensors as the same year Expedition, F150, and/or Super Duty?

I have a fault in my outter right sensor and I don't really feel like spending $200 to buy a bumper with 4 sensors when I just need the 1.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of my rear sensors went out awhile ago and I just got it replaced at the ford dealer, but yeah it was like $130..rip off, but its fixed lol
You could probably get a sensor off of ebay and just fix it yourself

One of my rear sensors went out awhile ago and I just got it replaced at the ford dealer, but yeah it was like $130..rip off, but its fixed lol
You could probably get a sensor off of ebay and just fix it yourself

I wonder how you know which one is bad?

I wonder how you know which one is bad?

The ford dealer just told me which one was bad, they probably test to see which one doesn't have power going to it

Any of the ford sensors will work if they are the oval shapped with two flat spots on them. They all share the same connector and what not. So yea, navigator, explorer, windstar - they all work.

Back