Any cool escape mods?

mattadams

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Longmont, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Sport
I know we've got some escape folks out there... so those that have em, have you found any cool mods? Searching for mods for these things is not something I"m used to, apparently hardly anybody makes anything for them, probably because they aren't a typically "souped up" vehicle...
On my list of mods I'd like to make at some point include cold air intake (like the K&N FIPK, etc.) and a brush guard of some kind, but I"m not sure which kind just yet... but so far haven't found much to choose from anyways :).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bit late on this thread but I do know of PWR Adict's old Escape.
....and our little Escape before it ended up on the wrecker!

Our beloved ESCAPE :(

Escape-1.jpg

Escape-2.jpg

Escape-3.jpg

Previous to the Explorer, my Wife drove an Escape I built her. Sadly, a lady running a red light sent that one top the grave R.I.P.

This is really the only customized modded escape. Of course there are intakes, custom skid plates, I have seen a lift kit for em.

-Nate

damn i like that !

another late entry but I do have a thread on here somewhere but here are my mods on my 2008:
I boxed my frame in, but after talking with some engineers I removed the front stiffner and just added some extra support. I was told w the unibody it needs some flex. I added a leveling kit, replaced the front struts w Top R struts. The rear suspension I cut the shock mounts off and welded Willys mounts and spacers then placed a set of Rancho 9000. Front bull bar w an extended skid. Added a Weapons R air filter, added nerf bars and welded them to the body with modded brackets. I then welded sliders next to and just above the inside of the nerf bars. CB, and a roof rack. I'm currently running Destination A/T's 255 but will be getting a set of 265 Destination A/T's. The one thing I think I have left is to trade or purchase a set of rear TOP R or EMU shocks and if I am unable to do that Ill probably get a set of Monroe Yellow Truck shocks or KYB mono 4X4 shocks......

Phil, should post some pics, sounds pretty awesome!

I'll post pics this weekend...just got a new PC Windows 8 and its causing my un Computer savvy brain some grief...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0duixz30836rnj4/16abrpg.jpg

I am having trouble getting just the image to appear. What am I doing wrong and is there a way to open my dropbox to allow people to see my pic? If I am completely defeated by this image posting I can always email the pic to somebody and they can post for me. I did read the pic thread, incase anybody is wondering.

No, this is exactly what I wanted minus the unit frame. But that is taken care of. So far it's met all my expectations and more. Plus it's ended being a lot of fun talking to people about the different mods and different ways to do the builds. My biggest surprise is how when I think I need 4 low I end up making it to point B. Now if I can get the money up for a set of 31" Ill be completely finished.

Ah yes, the OTHER Phil.;)

Welcome to EF

escape mods

I am the acc manager at a ford dealer up in mn. I have an 05 that I am doing many mods to. what are you looking for exactly and I will get you some info/pricing...

Escape mods

Hey first off thanks!!

I am looking for some type fender flares that would fit, or can be modded to fit and a set of wheels that came on the 1st year Explorer XLT, 16"

1st gen's never came with 16" wheels.

If you're looking for a set, I have a set of Limited wheels with 31" michelins in the shed. I only pull them out when we get lots of snow around town sine I can chain them up and troll the hills of bellevue looking for bimmers and lexi in the ditch.

Ill have to go through the bills and see what you are asking for the wheels. you can email me at philvanv@ymail.com.
is there a pic of your wheels on here?

wheels for your escape

FYI the wheels off of a fusion will fit your vehicle, as well as ford 500, taurus, and most mustang wheels. It gives you some options, just double check your brake clearance of course. The 17" steeleys from 2010-12 fusions have a good look and have a little dish for off-setting bigger tires out. Before I knew about the 17" fusion wheels, I sprayed my factory 16's black and usedrace quality 2" billet spacers, and of course high grade wheel studs so they are safe. its a cheap alternative to new wheels and it does look pretty nice.

bushwackers on my escape

Im starting on my flare project hopefully tonight, I bought flares for a full size pickup and modifying them and my escape to make them work. Im so amped to start.

hey thanks! will you be posting pic of the flares?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

escape flares

I am trying to figure out photo bucket. I did get them mocked up last night, not installed by any means, but they will look incredible.

Back