• Register Today It's free!

Naches Trail Fun Run

Hards01FX4spt

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma Wa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport FX4
This Sat August 2 a club from PNW4WDA.org is holding it on the Naches Trail , is anybody from here going to do this ? I haven`t done a poker style run ina long time . It will be wheeling !

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've been up there for the last 2 weekends (running trails). If I did it again this weekend, my wife would kill me.

We will be camping at the Ranger Creek campground but I won't have the X.

If you decide to stop by, look for a 19ft Hideout travel trailer pulled by a white Lincoln Aviator.

Ok , I just might do that . Maybe you will have to go with me to check out something in my ex. Tell Her " we`ll be back ,luv ya," and we be gone.

Ha, If i'm going to run it, I'll want to drive it.

Thinking about having her follow us to camp in the X. Decisions, decisions.

Did you run the Naches ? I`m curious about the big mud hole or the tree hole that was left last year ?

Did you run the Naches ? I`m curious about the big mud hole or the tree hole that was left last year ?

Yes.
The mud hole wasn't bad but the corner just after it was tough.

Either you took a chance rubbing a tree by taking the off camber bypass or you dropped off a root and on to your frame, hard. It was too slick for me to take the bypass (and wheelbase too long) so I dropped off the root.

I have pretty stout sliders so no damage but it was a fairly hard hit.

The trail should be a lot drier now. It was misty when we ran it and the trees were dropping moisture like rain.

Stump hill was a challenge to keep from ripping off your mirrors, even folded but again, it was a little slick 2 weeks ago.

I have some video that I'll upload to You Tube in a bit.

Ok, the tree root section is at the end;

As long as I can make it ,open front and LS rear on 33`s.
Do you want to pay and do it with the large group or just do as individual small group ? I`ll be there .
What happen to the camera at the end of video ?? :roll:

Saturday I have the grandkids first birthday

As long as I can make it ,open front and LS rear on 33`s.
Do you want to pay and do it with the large group or just do as individual small group ? I`ll be there .
What happen to the camera at the end of video ?? :roll:

It's not going to happen for me. The Wife was NOT happy I even suggested it since I've been out wheeling the last 2 weekends in a row.

We will still be at Ranger Creek, mornings and evenings.

As for the Camera, I have a suction cup mount for my GPS and it fell off the windshield and hit the camera. Not damage, just re-aimed it.

The trail should be a lot drier (dusty) now.

Have fun!

I`ll swing by to meet you . Can`t set time that wil happen.

Those trails look beautiful! Challenging for long wheel-base Explorer. Usually, the longer wheel-base has more advantages than disadvantages, but not on that trail.

That`s what I like about my sport :thumbsup:, it`s the same size that my cherokee was .

I won`t be going this weekend ,:thumbdwn: I just got back from the ER , L&I caught a electrical conduit in the upper lip and nose ,they glued me back together , have a nose diaper on ,no dust or heavy stuff , :thumbdwn:

Back