Spares or repair: 1997 Explorer

Ilikemice

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Midlands
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
Hi. When I got my LHD Explorer I kept this one stabled with grand plans to do it back up and drive it again, but fast forward four years and not having a lot of time to work on it meant it got quite neglected. It was a shame as it had the timing chains done by Justin and starter replaced a few months before SORN-ing it.

It still turns over and stops, needs new tyres and the trim putting back on but it's all there. I'm losing the land it's kept on and although I've been offered £600 for it as scrap, if you can bring a trailer and a small donation it's yours.

It's located a few miles off the A5/M42. Junction 9/10

It's the green one in these pics:

Newtyres.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a few bits on that which I can use. what sort of donation are you thinking? I'm interested in it for parts for my 98 and 99

How much for shipping to Texas?

(jes, kiddin'... Couldn't help it..!) Hope she finds a good home.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a few bits on that which I can use. what sort of donation are you thinking? I'm interested in it for parts for my 98 and 99

I'm not too concerned how much really. No idea what it's worth but PM me an offer on it and we'll work something out :)

Trailer?

I see you mentioned a trailer. Some time back I was considering getting another ex for spares but I was unsure of the towing specs and laws concerning the allowable towing weights for our Explorers, so I shelved the idea.
Do you know by any chance?

The last time I had a car towed away they sent for a flatbed truck. I don't think it was too expensive as it was a service Justin used to offer when doing the timing chain repairs.

Thanks, that certainly makes sense. Btw, admirable ciggy paper parking clearance between your bumpers :thumbsup:

censorship on f ag lol

Back