Grill guard fitment | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Grill guard fitment

Don't know where else to put this thread, and can't think of how to search for it, so here goes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grille-Guard-for-Ford-Explorer-99-01-4-dr-Sport-2dr-1999-2000-/201090749189?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A2000|Make%3AFord|Model%3AExplorer&hash=item2ed1f15305

Can anyone tell me why this would fit a 2000 Ford Explorer Sport (as per the ad) but not fit a 4 door Eddie Bauer Explorer? Seems like a great price and I've been looking for something like that... but only if it fits.

You're reading too much into the "vehicle compatibility" chart on an ebay listing.

Those are just something the seller edits and can put on the listing, but that particular seller was lazy and just edited and selected two vehicles, being 2-door Sports.

A grille guard that fits a 2000 Explorer will fit a 2-door or 4-door, Eddie Bauer package or no Eddie Bauer package. The only thing that matters for those is the width of the front frame rails and the bumper location, all of which are the same between model year 2000 Explorers.

Thank you for the confirmation. I suspected that to be true, but woud have hated to end up with a chunk of steel I couldn't use.

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

Just wanted to say thanks again. The grill guard arrived today and just as u said, it bolted right up. Looks great though I wish I had the headlight guards to go with it though. Pics to follow.
I did mention to the seller in my feedback that he almost missed a sale due to incomplete information, also gave the forums a plug as the place I got complete info.

Sent from my H866C using Forum Runner

Back