• Register Today It's free!

Question about mags...

shaneymack

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited
I found a set of used mags that were used on a 2009 Toyota Highlander and they have the identical bolt pattern as the Ex 5x114.3. Does anyone know if this will fit the ex before I ignorantly waste my money? ;)

I found a set of used mags that were used on a 2009 Toyota Highlander and they have the identical bolt pattern as the Ex 5x114.3. Does anyone know if this will fit the ex before I ignorantly waste my money? ;)
I had an '09 Highlander with 19" OEM wheels. For Winter, I used the Rav4 17"steel wheels on the Highlander. When I was in a tire shop I asked if I could use those 17" wheels on the Explorer. After going through his tire/wheel reference manual, he said NO. I assume the same answer would have applied to the original OEM wheels. I think he said the offset was much different.
FYI, I just had the Explorer base model 17" steel wheels and Winter tires installed on my Limited today.

Thanks Peter! I guess that answers my question. :)

Thanks Peter! I guess that answers my question. :)
Since mags didn't come on the Highlander, I assume they were aftermarket wheels. If that is the case, I don't know if a local tire shop could give you any further info on whether you could use them. Is it possible to have them try one on the Explorer?

Back