• Register Today It's free!

5.4 intech aviator

avidrfttow

Reaction score
City, State
bell, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 lincoln aviator
So i wanted to know if anyone has done this swap 4.6 to 5.4 intech. Im currently in the process of of doing this to my 03 lincoln aviator. Ive searched online but didnt really come up with much. I will try n post pics soon.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

swap??

so i guess no ones done this swap before?

interesting swap

Keep us posted on your progress. I'm sure many on this forum are interested. I'm particularly interested in any modifications you make to the Aviator's rather unusual cooling system since I hope to install a 2003 Aviator engine in a 2002 Explorer.

Ok so after looking at what fit i finally got the engine in. Im using my stock harness and computer from my aviator all the harness plugs up to the sensors on the 5.4 minus the intake runner control valve, the fuel pressure regulator since the one on the 5.4 isnt electrical, and the pcv valve plug since this engine doesnt have it either..keep im mind that im using the stock intake off the navigator so u do have to extend wires such as the tps, idle control valve, mass airflow sensor, and oil pressure switch. I was able to use my ps pump and ac compressor from my 4.6. But used the navigator belt since the 4.6 belt was a bit long. I plan to get some adaptors so i can run my stock 4.6 intake manifold since clearance is pretty tight and the hood will not close without spacing the back of it about 3inches but for now it will do.

tune

As of now I have no tune on it yet and im using the stock injectors off the 5.4..
the engine is now running sounds pretty good and drives ok although I still gotta fix some bugs..Im looking in to getting something like an sct tuner/flasher then take it to get tuned.

Back