Explorer 97-98 rear flexible brake pipe | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer 97-98 rear flexible brake pipe

STEVE Y

Reaction score
City, State
England GB
Year, Model & Trim Level
FORD EXPLORER 1997
Hi can anyone help I have owned the Explorer for over 10 yrs and its just failed its MOT on the flexible rear brake pipes i live in the UK and no garages here can sort it out for me even the Ford Garage Main Dealer said it would be on a back order which could take a year.
I use the Explorer for towing a Caravan so that's no good to me as its off the road now, one garage managed to get one ordered but said could not fit as too long over foot in length the one on vehicle approx six inches, has any one any ideas thanks steve.

Is it the hose that attaches to the caliper? Or the hose that runs from the chassis to the axle assembly?

I did a bit of searching and see that the center brake hose from the chassis to the axle does not appear to be available from the normal sources, but the hose from the axle to the calipers are available.

Can you find a local shop to make a custom hose for you?

Is it the hose that attaches to the caliper? Or the hose that runs from the chassis to the axle assembly?

I did a bit of searching and see that the center brake hose from the chassis to the axle does not appear to be available from the normal sources, but the hose from the axle to the calipers are available.

Can you find a local shop to make a custom hose for you?
Thanks for the help
I went down to the garage where they have just put new flexi brake hoses on a transit van they have the same fittings as Explorer hoses and shorter than the last ones so should fit so its in next week when they have them ordered so I will let you know steve.

Back