HID headlights Suggestions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID headlights Suggestions

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

TRS Kit I got, should be here next week. Don't have vehicle for another month to test, but lots of positive reviews.

The absolute best way is to do a projector retrofit. As far as drop in hid kits, i think morimoto is the best aftermarket. Those are distributed by trs and im a vendor for them. I just got my explorer in december and currently have a xentec hid kit with relay harness until i have time to do my own projectors. Everything ran me about $50 and they work just fine.

Those are very cheap.
Go with 5000K for best light output as it's super white. 6000K if you want a slight blue tint.
8000K won't give you as much usable light and hurts your eyes if you drive with it for a while.

photo3-1.jpg

I went with the Xentec Slim 6000K, now I need to find a matching bulb for the fog lights.

Not sure why it's sideways...it shows up straight on photobucket...

I got mine for 50 shipped from ddmtuning.com. no complaints at all. Mine are 35w and 8000k. I love them and never want to drive with anything different. Also they don't hurt my eyes while driving

^ I second the kit from ddm. I love my 35w 8000k kit. I want to get another one for my fog lights.

I want to get a HID kit for my 01, and I found some good deals on amazon. Xentec, Kensun... Which is the best kit?

I have had nothing but good luck with VVME HID kits, both digital and analog kits work great for me.

Could y'all help me. I've an 02 and the kit I'm using is off my old Buick. Its a 55 watt 8k with a relay. I believe I'm hooking them up correctly but mine won't turn on. Any advice you could offer.

Could y'all help me. I've an 02 and the kit I'm using is off my old Buick. Its a 55 watt 8k with a relay. I believe I'm hooking them up correctly but mine won't turn on. Any advice you could offer.

First this thread is hella old. 2nd. why are you using a kit for a Buick? Get a 35W kit. There is no need for a 55w running off a factory harness.

The 55watts are brighter. They both 9006 for the lows. I also use a relay to make sure there is enough power to them.

Back