Removing Warning Stickers From Visors | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing Warning Stickers From Visors

I'd love to see pics of Bill's paint cover up and spr's decal covers if you guys are willing and able...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will grab a pic if I can - but here is a pic from a BMW forum, and you would do no worse than this... My color match is less noticable bcause it is black.. but in daylight you can obviously see a bit of a color difference. Again - I went with a fabric that was a similar texture - and perhas easier to clean - rather than a closer color match.

With the black interior - the white and yellow stickers on the visors are simply glaring, so I am very happy with the result.

taken from http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134459 ...

attachment.jpg

spr, how did you know which color would match better vs which fabric would match better... did you order the sample chart they mention on the site or just eyeballed it from the web?

lol its a lot of work aint it folks?...

i pulled the Sirius/XM sticker off the drivers window.
it was a 1 HOUR project.

hs, you have NEVER seen such strong and stubborn glue on a
go*damn fracking clear sticker...

Sun Visors

has anybody else noticed how unattractive the warning stickers are on the sun visors? Are they a sticker that can be removed, or are they glued on? Perhaps I can remove the visors themselves and tape them off and spray them the matching visor color.

That is in here somewhere, you can do a detailed search.
They are pressed/glued on really well & will not come off without leaving a light area on the visor that will stick out.
With the post are some pics, including using an adhesive pad or tape that matches the color of the visor.

Sunvisor solutions dot com, charcoal black for pecan interior.

Removal of warning sticker on sunvisor

I hate the look of the white sticker on my sunvisor specially that I have a full black interior which makes this sticker standout.

Today, I decided to finally try and remove it it even though Ive read in another thread before that this is not possible.

The process is very simple and straight forward:

STEP1: use your nails :) to peel off a corner of the sticker. and once you have enough peeled to grab it by your thumb and index finger, slowly peel off the whole sticker.
20140416_113438_zpsc27d7d85.jpg

It came off like this:
20140416_113120_zpse87de173.jpg

and this is how the left over glue looked like on the visor:
20140416_113138_zpsbfb70c93.jpg

STEP2: I used Goo Gone and a microfiber cloth to wipe off the excess glue
20140417_112457_zps294a094b.jpg

This is how my sun visor look now. Black and clean looking without the stickers.
20140417_112528_zps312d1706.jpg

As mentioned, very straight forward and very easy to do, and Im very happy with the results. Hope this helps others who are interested on doing this simple mod.

Looks great. I have always wanted to get rid of those. Thanks for the pics.

And, curious where got the carbon fiber and where else you have it.

+1

I like the carbon fiber. Is that vinyl?

A lawyer on another site mentioned the possibility of legal action possible if you removed the stickers and then sold or traded the car. If the new owner had an accident and hadn't observed the warning on the (missing) stickers you could be held liable for any damages caused by the sticker removal.

I was thinking of removing mine also but woudl rather not have a headache later on

A lawyer on another site mentioned the possibility of legal action possible if you removed the stickers and then sold or traded the car. If the new owner had an accident and hadn't observed the warning on the (missing) stickers you could be held liable for any damages caused by the sticker removal.

I was thinking of removing mine also but woudl rather not have a headache later on

good thing is that the sticker came off in 1 piece so I kept them inside the owners manual. I could easily glue them back if the above is true. No worries here :)

You mean just like if you sold someone a used car that had a different sized tire and they crashed because it didn't handle like stock..

Or a used car that you didn't maintain the best and a part broke and then they crashed...

Imagine what would happen if someone rolled a vehicle that had suspension modifications...

I'm not going to get into the whole personal responsibility debate and thinning of the gene pool.

~Mark

+2 about the carbon fiber.

For those of you asking about the CF Dashkit, I got it from carid.com, I have it on for almost 2 years now and I can say that they are of good quality. It was the remin full dashkit. for more info, visit their site. Thanks

I did 5 years in the big house for removing the tags from my mattress. They wanted to stick me with the pillows too, but I convinced them my wife did those.

That makes sense to me and I've heard that as well. They are there for a very good reason. I don't understand how these stickers bother some people. I don't even notice them when I'm driving.

Peter

I did 5 years in the big house for removing the tags from my mattress. They wanted to stick me with the pillows too, but I convinced them my wife did those.
I think you'd have a good case for 'false imprisonment' since those tags, unlike the stickers, clearly state that they may be removed once the item is sold.:thumbsup:

Peter

I think you'd have a good case for 'false imprisonment' since those tags, unlike the stickers, clearly state that they may be removed once the item is sold.:thumbsup:

Peter

Continuing in fun, the visor stickers have no such federal warning on them at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I removed the warning labels from my push mower. Whenever I attend mower shows on Wednesdays I always get complimented on how clean my mower looks without the stickers.

The only drawback is that I don't have either Big Toe on my feet...That's my own fault for not being able to remember the warnings given to me.

Back