• Register Today It's free!

tire mobility kit

new to ford

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester Hills, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
11XLT202A 17Sport401A
What is the "tire mobility kit" which is part of the tow package?
thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'll give you a hint:

U
R
Sitting on it!:)

We know u did not use the "search" function!

I'll give you a hint:

U
R
Sitting on it!:)

We know u did not use the "search" function!

Um..that brought up this thread, the thread that talks about towing capabilites and 2 others.....so it's under the seat...but what is it?

but what is it?

This is only given out to Explorer owner's on a need to know basis. And right now, you don't need to know!:)

It's an air compressor and a fix-a-flat repair can. IIRC.

This is only given out to Explorer owner's on a need to know basis. And right now, you don't need to know!:)

It's an air compressor and a fix-a-flat repair can. IIRC.

Fine...I guess I'll pull it out from under my seat and not tell anybody what I find:p:

It is an air compressor. You have to slide the seat waaaay forward to get it out.

Anyone having trouble trying to select the air compressor mode? The knob won't turn to the air compressor mode.

Surprise under drivers seat, "Limited Model"

Has any one looked under their driver seat? Go take a look there may be a surprise for you. I have a Limited and under the driver seat is a “Temporary Mobility Kit”, better known as an “air pump”. I mean a really nice one at that.:D

i think that only comes with trailer package

I have an XLT with tow pacakge and no mobility kit under drivers side seat. Should I have one?

XLT with tow package is supposed to have tire mobility kit

I double checked, I do not have it. Anyone know how I can get one?

I double checked, I do not have it. Anyone know how I can get one?
If I were you, I'd go back to where the vehicle was purchased and explain the situation to them and ask that it be rectified.

i have an xlt w/tow and it is right under my butt

Mine is actually under the middle of the second row seat but I think I'll move it to the drivers seat. Thanks!

.... and I was expecting some french fries!

Mine is actually under the middle of the second row seat but I think I'll move it to the drivers seat. Thanks!

See owners guide. It's made to go under drivers seat. There is velcro that the kit bag fastens to under the seat to keep it there. You have to move the seat all the way up to get it in and out. It's not only an air pump but a can of flat fix too!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the base model with the towing package, and it came with the kit.

Back