New member | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

safetyfast

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Limited Eco
Hi, my wife and I just got a 2016 Explorer with the Ecoboost engine. I think we're really going to like this though I was skeptical about buying a 4 cylinder. Certainly doesn't drive like one It was what was on the lot and they made us a good deal. The dealer offers a lifetime power train warranty so that tipped us over to getting it.
The only issue I've seen is the paint on the hood. It has lots of dust nibs sticking up in it. I didn't see them on the lot, but when I got it in our garage under the fluorescent lights, they were really noticeable. I'm debating on whether to insist on a respray of the hood. I've never bought a new car before that had that issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum! The dealer might repay the hood if it's really bad, but a clay bar might do the trick for you if you'd rather do it yourself, depending on how bad it is.

Thanks. We have an appointment Friday for the dealer to check out the paint and install a hitch.

Welcome.

I clay barred the hood and it didn't help on the dust. No deductible on warranty. Have to follow prescribed maintenance, which I do anyway.

Just wanted to follow up. Ford had the hood repainted and provided a loaner car while it was in the shop. Looks good as new.

Back