1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1960 Dodge Dart Seneca Project

dart_seneca.jpg
1960-dodge.jpg
Here is a pic of the dash from the same model:
IMG_1124.jpg

The brown car in the attached photo is the actual car I bought. The green car is what they looked like new.

It's a beast that's for sure! I really like the front bumper and the dash on this model. If I decide to keep her my plan is to drop in a ridiculously powerful BB Mopar and have a hell of sleeper on the street:D When I say ridicoulously powerful I'm thinking along the lines of 750 - 1000hp on pump gas:burnout: A turbo motor isn't out of the question.

I'm hoping that buying the car will be more motiviation for me to build a detached garage to store our current rides. I will need the whole attached garage for the restoration on the "new" Dart.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Line forms to the rear. . .

Paul
'91 Sport

P.S. Awesome job, Rick. . .

[Begin Hijack], hey paul! we still on for yours making it in? [End Hijack]

Wanna go for a ride?

I've put 105 miles on the new build so far and I still can't peel the perma-grin off :D

As is the car is scary fast, that is, the chassis isn't up to the task of putting the horsepower to the ground in a smooth manner. I pulled off to the shoulder of the two lane divided highway that runs through our town, pulled back on the road when it was all clear and got on it hard. I hit 2nd gear and the rear end broke loose with a nice fishtail.

It's one thing to hop in a new 400+ hp car that goes dead straight when you punch it, quite another to actually have to drive the car to keep it straight. Personally I like the scary aspect of it, that's what hotrodding is all about :D

I gave it a nice jab from 65 up to 80 and was very pleased with how well it moved out in top gear without having to downshift.

I haven't heard a bad comment about the loud exhaust yet, so far everyone loves it. I've been told I should keep the hood off. I just may.

Looks good :thumbsup: Sounds good :thumbsup: Sits nice :thumbsup:

dart_quintero.jpg
dart_quintero2.jpg
Hell is about over and summer is on it's way to central Arizona :D

I took advantage of the beautiful morning today to take a nice cruise through the desert and I stopped for a photo op.

There are now nearly 1000 miles on the new motor and it's been running great.:thumbsup:

exhaust_before2.jpg
exhaust_after.jpg
Finally had the car's front end aligned today and also had an exhaust built for it. It's now fully road worthy :D

That little difference in length made a big difference in interior noise level, but it still sounds mean on the outside:thumbsup:

1D7_5544.jpg
1D7_5551.jpg
1D7_5583.jpg
1D7_5584.jpg
10406364_10152830095669197_2176667425473135429_n.jpg
Char and I took the Seneca to the Goodguys Southwest Nationals in Scottsdale today. Man that is a huge show. More than 3000 cars:eek:

1D7_5553.jpg
1D7_5566.jpg
1D7_5612.jpg
1D7_5556.jpg

Sigh...

Stranded at Filiberto's waiting on a tow. Engine started to tick and make clattering noise. Hoping for just a busted rocker arm...

First engine issue in nearly 15,000 miles.

Wish I was at Fillibertos with ya. :)

The good news is that the engine builder is stepping up and will repair the engine at no charge to me. In fact he is actually driving here from San Diego to pick up the engine. I will only be responsible for one way freight.

So thankful to the man for stepping up and making a really bad situation, much better.

Gary picked up my engine today... and stuck it in the trunk of his Honda Civic :eek:

20160627_093335.jpg

20160627_093341.jpg

That's Awesome..:thumbsup:

Back